V5.20.14 early access build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcibel

Can you post a screenshot of the dark mode on Mint?
Here's what dark theme looks like in Manjaro (Kde, Kwin). I personally am fine with it, and very much prefer the font anti-aliasing that was absent previously, as well the widgets have a much more modern appearance. If the window title could be a different shade from the rest of the window, it would be clearer.

1670177582924.png

KSTR

@phofman, using the "Daloa" theme (which has thicker window borders) and patching its "themerc" config file I now have a even higher contrast between active and inactive windows, clearly visible borders and I could finally select my favorite active color which is orange.
In REW with John's patch, this works well for both light and dark themes.
1670181142021.png

dcibel

I have added Tukey 0.5 and Tukey 0.75, but I can't say I see the point of a Cosine window, assuming by that you mean a Sine window.
Thank you!

For the cosine function, I am just trying to replicate the same windowing that is available in VituixCAD IR processing, it's listed as "cosine" with the following shape, 4ms window shown here:
1670186745644.png

dcibel

That I very much doubt! I have added the Cosine window, I guess it must be good for something.
Cosine is a rather good function for merging near and far field responses, it provides very little overshoot/undershoot of the response as you approach the resolution limitations of the window. Tukey 0.75 is very similar as well for this purpose.

Thank you for adding this functionality to REW :)

serko70

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
When I defined a frequency limit in A/B trace aritmetic, B being a target curve, the result has strange SPL and is nowhere to be found on the screen. I tried various regularisations, too:
1670278026072.png

Attachments

• John.mdat
    6 MB · Views: 16

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When I defined a frequency limit in A/B trace aritmetic, B being a target curve, the result has strange SPL and is nowhere to be found on the screen. I tried various regularisations, too:
The L2 response was zero at one point which caused a problem in the blending of the frequency limits, I have fixed it for the next build.

KSTR

@John Mulcahy,
bug report: "saving all measurement" into one single mdat not working, I get only a 1kB sized file containing truncated data on loading.
Using the latest build on Linux.

sm52

John

if you make measurements of electrical devices, such as a phono corrector for a vinyl record player, what is the smallest electrical signal that a REW can understand? In volts.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That's unrelated to REW, it depends on the interface and preamp used. REW can be calibrated to display value scales from 10^-24 ... 10^24 with the appropriate SI prefix.

serko70

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
I have added Tukey 0.5 and Tukey 0.75, but I can't say I see the point of a Cosine window, assuming by that you mean a Sine window.
For reasons beyond my understanding, Tukey 0.5 right windowing performs much better than any other in terms of minimizing ringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom