V5.20.14 early access build

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I cannot create a response smooth by default as the copy in the mdat.
You will need to select either Replicate data or add a tail to have the minimum phase conversion ignore the original IR. Your example response needs a LF tail at 2 dB/octave anyway if you want to match it.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I'm measuring the impedance. I calibrate before measuring. The levels are set to 8.94 dB. During 3 steps of calibration at 512k and up, headroom levels are fine. 8,9. At 256k the headroom level becomes 8.4 dB. Accordingly, an open circuit instead of 99.8 ohms shows 100.2 ohms.
What is your question?

Can REW remember the levels in the Preferences window that were at the time of checking, and then check them before measuring and correct if they drifted a little
No.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It is typical for headroom to reduce as the sweep is shortened due to the transient response of the system being measured.

thothsong

If I run the RTA with No smoothing, and save the data as a new measurement, the measurement looks unsmoothed. If I apply some smoothing to that measurement, and then apply No smoothing to try to revert it, I don't get the original unsmoothed measurement back, it appears to still be smoothed in some way. Is that expected?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If I run the RTA with No smoothing, and save the data as a new measurement, the measurement looks unsmoothed. If I apply some smoothing to that measurement, and then apply No smoothing to try to revert it, I don't get the original unsmoothed measurement back
I have fixed that for the next build.

thothsong

I get a ClassCastException when using "Save the selected measurements" from right-click in the graph legend, when in a graph where the selected items aren't measurements. E.g., here's one from the Distortion graph.

Attachments

• exception.txt
    3 KB · Views: 14

thothsong

Is there any way to copy the Noise floor from a measurement, making it a measurement in its own right, so that it can be further manipulated?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I get a ClassCastException when using "Save the selected measurements" from right-click in the graph legend, when in a graph where the selected items aren't measurements
Those entries should only appear on overlay graphs, I have fixed that for the next build.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Is there any way to copy the Noise floor from a measurement, making it a measurement in its own right
You could use Export distortion data as text, exporting only the noise floor, then import that file.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Builds updated today to ea68 with these changes:
  • Changed: If a measurement is disabled remove transient data such as waterfall, spectrogram, decay and RT60 decay and reclaim the associated memory
  • Changed: Set sys.ext.installerUmask to false for Linux installers
  • Changed: Application categories changed to Audio; Engineering; Java for Linux installers
  • Changed: If a Java device reports supporting 10,000 channels (Linux plug plugin) test channel counts from 16 down to 2 to see what comes back as supported
  • Changed: Improvements to RT60 estimation for short sweeps
  • Changed: rePhase equaliser option runs at the sample rate of the measurement rather than being fixed at 96 kHz
  • Fixed: The WASAPI Exclusive driver might not generate an output with some devices
  • Fixed: The View preferences font size settings were not applied to all components
  • Fixed: Improved UMIK-1 detection on Linux
  • Fixed: Filters with zero gain were not removed after target match unless Drop small filters was selected
  • Fixed: The wrong measurement name was shown during Sequential measurements
  • Fixed: When merging B to A where A has an IR but B does not set suitably long IR windows for the result
  • Fixed: Smoothing measurements saved from the RTA (or other measurements without an IR) could not be fully removed
  • Fixed: RTA spectrum ERB smoothing did not work
  • Fixed: Legend right click menu showed invalid entries for graphs that are not overlays
  • Fixed: The result IR from multiplying responses with different sample rates might not be long enough

serko70

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
java.lang.NullPointerException trying to max out "configurable generic eq settings" as below:

Screenshot 2023-07-10 130104.jpg

REW V5.20.14 running Azul Systems, Inc. JRE 1.8.0_372 64-bit on Windows 10 Locale: language en, keyboard GB, windows-1252 at 96 DPI

Stack Trace:
roomeqwizard.NH.A(y:3195)
roomeqwizard.NH.C(y:2265)
roomeqwizard.GB.B(y:2193)
roomeqwizard.GB.A(y:1999)
roomeqwizard.GB$2.actionPerformed(y:1110)
javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(JComboBox.java:1260)
javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(JComboBox.java:588)
roomeqwizard.GB$1.actionPerformed(y:785)
javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(JComboBox.java:1260)
javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(JComboBox.java:588)
roomeqwizard.GB.B(y:3089)
roomeqwizard.GB.A(y:1573)
roomeqwizard.UB.A(y:194)
roomeqwizard.iA.E(y:2634)
roomeqwizard.GB.B(y:1859)
roomeqwizard.GB.A(y:1999)
roomeqwizard.gJ$2.run(y:1375)
java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

It worked fine after restarting REW.

jeppekristoffer

Registered
More  
Denon X3700H
Main Amp
Nad M27
Front Speakers
Dali Rubicon LCR
Center Channel Speaker
2-way with Purifi woofer & Gladen Aerospace 28
Surround Speakers
Dalin Fazon Sat
Front Height Speakers
Dalin Fazon Sat
Rear Height Speakers
Dalin Fazon Sat
Subwoofers
Faux sub through minidsp to front channels
Other Speakers or Equipment
5 Minidsp 2x4 HD
Screen
Sony XG95 55 inch
Hi John and thank you for an awesome piece of software. Its amazing.

Would it be possible to "load a single set off filters" to multiple measurements at once?

Regards Jesper

Last edited:

sam_adams

@John Mulcahy, below is an issue in v5.20.14ea68 in the distortion display when viewing an older .mdat file—from v5.19b6—where the noise floor is displayed as a vertical line to the left of the plot (highlighted):

nferrormac.png

It displays that way in all view modes for distortion on both Mac (10.14.6 - 14.0b2) and Win (10 - 11). I tried saving the old .mdat in the newest version but it did not change the behavior. The .mdat and diag files are attached.

Attachments

• noisefloorerror.mdat.zip
    545.3 KB · Views: 14
  • REWdiagnostic_1689037953858.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 15

greatadrian

Hi John,
Do you think it would make sense to add these two features?
- Having ability to manually set the SPL calibration constant (overriding the default 120 dB SPL). In my case I'm often extracting IR's created using "import sweep recordings", which were measured using audio chain with a particular SPL calibration.
- When "Scale IR data..." is used to adjust the gain of underlying impulse response this change is not saved in .mdat file (measurement doesn't turn blue) and upon reloading the project it goes back to the original value.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Having ability to manually set the SPL calibration constant (overriding the default 120 dB SPL). In my case I'm often extracting IR's created using "import sweep recordings", which were measured using audio chain with a particular SPL calibration.
There are two ways you can do that.
  1. Select "Apply cal files" on the import sweep recordings dialog and have a mic cal file with a sensitivity entry, or
  2. The cal offset used is from the currently selected input, so you could change that using the settings (cog icon) on the Cal files preferences

When "Scale IR data..." is used to adjust the gain of underlying impulse response this change is not saved in .mdat file (measurement doesn't turn blue) and upon reloading the project it goes back to the original value.
I have fixed the name not turning blue to show a modification has been made, but it saves as it should for me.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
below is an issue in v5.20.14ea68 in the distortion display when viewing an older .mdat file—from v5.19b6—where the noise floor is displayed as a vertical line to the left of the plot (highlighted):
That file behaves the same in 5.20.13. 5.19 cannot load it. The noise floor is there but has a huge offset after the first point, you can see it by selecting % or dBr as the axis. I suspect the issue is with the file content for that beta release.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Would it be possible to "load a single set off filters" to multiple measurements at once?
There isn't a way to do that, a difficulty would be having a good way to choose the set of measurements. As is you can save a filter set for the current measurement using the File menu entry (or Ctrl+Alt+S) then select the measurements where you want to load it in turn and use Load filter set (Ctrl+Alt+O).

jeppekristoffer

Registered
More  
Denon X3700H
Main Amp
Nad M27
Front Speakers
Dali Rubicon LCR
Center Channel Speaker
2-way with Purifi woofer & Gladen Aerospace 28
Surround Speakers
Dalin Fazon Sat
Front Height Speakers
Dalin Fazon Sat
Rear Height Speakers
Dalin Fazon Sat
Subwoofers
Faux sub through minidsp to front channels
Other Speakers or Equipment
5 Minidsp 2x4 HD
Screen
Sony XG95 55 inch
There isn't a way to do that, a difficulty would be having a good way to choose the set of measurements. As is you can save a filter set for the current measurement using the File menu entry (or Ctrl+Alt+S) then select the measurements where you want to load it in turn and use Load filter set (Ctrl+Alt+O).
I was thinking that choosing the measurements in the "all measurements tab" and then apply the filters in the same way as as "cross correlate time align" which is a "multi measurement operation". But i have no idea how stuff is coded. I just thaught it would be very convenient when working with multiple location measurements and see how a set of filter would "influence" multiple measurements. Then the results could be viewed in the "overlay"-window and SPL-predicted tab as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom