REW Beta Release V5.20 beta versions 19 to 28

Breeman

Colour schemes are not offered for the EQ waterfall because of their impact on redraw time when updating the predicted waterfall.
Isn't the "Predicted Waterfall Live Update" meant for disabling live updates?
It's just that the process of exporting the filter impulse, importing it back and multiplying it by the initial response is cumbersome.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Changes in V5.20 beta 28:
  • Added a Parametric Sum trace arithmetic operation that allows gain, polarity and delay to be adjusted with a live preview of the result
  • Added an option to export all impulse responses as WAV
  • Added a keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+R to export RT60 data for a measurement, filename defaults to RT60_ followed by the measurement name
  • Revised RT60 calculation to better cope with very long decays
  • Added a warning about white noise stressing tweeters in the signal generator help
  • Bug fix: Cal file loader did not properly handle commas within values
  • Bug fix: An exception occurred after dropping a WAV file onto the RTA for processing
  • Bug fix: An exception could occur when generating waterfall traces
  • Bug fix: An exception could occur when checking levels

Breeman

Changes in V5.20 beta 28:
  • Added a Parametric Sum trace arithmetic operation that allows gain, polarity and delay to be adjusted with a live preview of the result
  • Added an option to export all impulse responses as WAV
  • Added a keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+R to export RT60 data for a measurement, filename defaults to RT60_ followed by the measurement name
  • Revised RT60 calculation to better cope with very long decays
  • Added a warning about white noise stressing tweeters in the signal generator help
  • Bug fix: Cal file loader did not properly handle commas within values
  • Bug fix: An exception occurred after dropping a WAV file onto the RTA for processing
  • Bug fix: An exception could occur when generating waterfall traces
  • Bug fix: An exception could occur when checking levels
Thank you John.:T

Jimmy Venema

Registered
"Added a Parametric Sum trace arithmetic operation that allows..."
Were can I find this new option? Can somebody elaborate a bit on it, so I can see what it is and if it is something that can be useful for me.

Jimmy Venema

Registered
Thanks, found it! I didn't scroll enough down on the list :coocoo:. This interesting I'm busy to import FIR filters from Rephase as impuls impuls to have a look at the possible pre and post ringing. If a crossover is done with FIR filters and use the same type at both ends then the pre and post ringing of the two filters cancel each other out. With this option I can test this and see what the effect is off of-axis, which is essentially a delay and see what happens then.
I can then test different setups with FIR filter linear phase cross over against biquad LR and a phase compensation in FIR and see if the result is the same or not.

Breeman

Hi John,

I just noticed that the phase curve seems to be rendered in front of the frequency response curve. I picked this up when doing lower resolution graph capture where the frequency response gets progressively opaque at higher frequencies due to many phase wraps. Would it be possible to give preference to the frequency response such that it gets drawn in the foreground instead of the background? Thanks.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Traces are rendered to the image in the order they appear in the legend. If you want a particular trace to appear on top highlight it by placing the mouse over the entry for that trace in the legend.

Breeman

Hi John,

Could you please add "Export all impulse responses as text" in the future version? Thanks.

Breeman

Hi John,

I just noticed that the phase curve seems to be rendered in front of the frequency response curve. I picked this up when doing lower resolution graph capture where the frequency response gets progressively opaque at higher frequencies due to many phase wraps. Would it be possible to give preference to the frequency response such that it gets drawn in the foreground instead of the background? Thanks. View attachment 26898
Hi John,
It seems the latest update (V5.20 RC14) fixed this issue. Thank you so much.

Top Bottom