- Apr 3, 2017
As above, monitoring needs to be off. The output should be the signal from the computer and not any kind of mix.
For a long time, I would not delete anything REW beta xxx installed. Around this spring one of the betas did something that other betas were not clearing after updating. (Often a measurement would not "hear" the chirp at the start of a sweep, it would wait endlessly for the thing it never heard, really quite frustrating.) Searched up REW uninstaller app for my MacBook Pro, and used it. And the sound whacky disappeared. I took a screen shot of my prefs for REW and reconstruct from prefs screensnap after a new update In removing all the software I can choose to name the enclosing folder in my Applications folder for each beta version. REW-b25, kind of thing. I have had MUCH better luck with betas since...It really should not be necessary to delete preferences for a new version and I don't recommend you do that.
Thanks for this update John.Changes in beta 25:
- Added shelf filters with adjustable Q for the Generic and miniDSP equalisers. Use Q = 0.7071 for the maximum monotonic shelf slope.
- Change text colour for graph image comments on the graph depending on the graph background
- Added an SPL figure to the Measure dialog level check result
- When the ASIO secondary output is enabled select an output other than the primary output
- When filter numbers are shown above the EQ window filter adjust graph only show numbers for filters that have an effect
- Additional error reporting
- Bug fix: CTA-2034 limits should be displayed for fundamentals up to 5 kHz
- Bug fix: Zoom/measurement box on graph captures was drawn in the wrong position and did not use monochrome when the option was selected
- Bug fix: Exported impulse response WAV files were shorter than they should be if the peak was less than 1 second from the IR start
- Bug fix: Trace arithmetic 1/A or 1/B would fail if the trace being operated on only had magnitude data
This is excellentThank you so much John.I have added options in the next build to show or hide the time axis labels, settings label and colour bar. I have also amended the limits for the cubehelix colour scheme settings to allow min grey and max grey to both be set to 1.0, which will produce a white, unshaded colour scheme. I haven't put in a way to disable the depth shading on the walls and back of the plot, there isn't a convenient place for another control and it looks bad. Here is an example using the new options.
View attachment 25686
Wow, this is insanely good support. Just donated. Thank you John.Changes in V5.20 beta 26:
- Allow the default audio input to be SPL calibrated
- Show the phase trace in a different hue to the SPL trace and draw it dotted to better distinguish it from the SPL trace. Feedback welcome on how successful (or not) that is.
- Added options in the waterfall graph controls to show or hide the time axis labels, settings label and colour bar
- Upgraded to install4j V8 - that should fix the problem with window managers and similar applications on macOS
- Mac installers from this point onwards are notarized
- Attempted to set up file associations for mdat and req files on Linux - I don't have a test environment to verify this, so perhaps one of the Linux users could see if REW is launched by double-clicking an mdat file.
- Bug fix: Soundcard cal entries were not showing the sample rate
- Bug fix: IllegalArgumentException on sweep import
- Bug fix: Import sweep response accepted drop even if component was not enabled