REW Beta Release V5.20 beta versions 19 to 28

Breeman

That is a good idea, perhaps limiting the color scheme used to draw graphs, to high contrast colours that will make the choice of the background theme irrelevant. I had initially thought it something that could be accomplished by utilising the bottom legend by right clicking in much the same way as when toggling or clearing selections for instance, but have an option to change colour. I am not a programmer though so pardon my ignorance if my thinking was way off.

Yes, I agree, there are more important things to do:)

akebrake

Registered
Supporter
Hi John

Beta 25 works fine but beta 26 will not install. After the message below nothing happens.
I'm on Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite, 8GB memory 300GB diskspace

Regards
Ake

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Beta 25 works fine but beta 26 will not install.
Please look for a file called i4j_log on the system, it may be in the same folder as the REW installer dmg. Hopefully that has more info about what is going wrong.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That's the installer itself, the log file is probably in the same place as the installer but if you type i4j_log in the search box macOS should find it.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Tried that, no hits unfortunately
It turns out that getting a log is a little technical. Double click the REW dmg to mount it but don't run the installer. Then open a terminal (from Utilities -> Terminal) and type (or copy/paste) this (all on one line) followed by Enter:

INSTALL4J_LOG=yes /Volumes/REW/REW Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub

The log output will then appear on the terminal, you can copy it from there by using Command-A to select all then Command-C to copy. Can paste the log in a post here.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Problem with the spaces in the name, try adding quotes as follows:

INSTALL4J_LOG=yes '/Volumes/REW/REW Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub'

Edit: should be single quote I think

akebrake

Registered
Supporter
Will do :T

Big THANK YOU for the efforts!

Ake

Edit: Dropbox file sent via Gmail

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The answer seems to be that the changes required to meet the notarization requirements of macOS 10.15 are not compatible with 10.10 or earlier.

akebrake

Registered
Supporter
Thanks for the prompt reply!

If I understand it right I have to update my OS 10.10 to the latest 10.15 in order to take advantage of REW 5.20 beta 26 or newer updates...? That will be challenge for sure.

Best

PS I'm glad that b25 works and my favourite is the Wavelet Plot

Breeman

Hi John,

I seem to be having issues with exporting and importing a measurement impulse in a .wav format. It could be I don't quite understand how it works.

Without changing much in terms of parameters, when I export and again import the same measurement impulse, the level of the frequency response of the imported impulse is somewhat lower than the original. The blue graph in the first screenshot below is the original response and the brown is for the imported impulse of the same original measurement, I would have expected the two to be exactly the same. The second screeenshot is the export settings window and the third screenshot shows the import window.

I will appreciate your help.

Attachments

• Snap72.png
    Snap72.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 16

Breeman

HI John,

It would be appreciated if you extend the option to show or hide the colour bar to the spectrogram graph controls too.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I seem to be having issues with exporting and importing a measurement impulse in a .wav format. It could be I don't quite understand how it works.

Without changing much in terms of parameters, when I export and again import the same measurement impulse, the level of the frequency response of the imported impulse is somewhat lower than the original.
The level at which the graph is drawn depends on the SPL calibration data offset. A WAV file doesn't contain any information about the offset for the measurement it came from, so a default value is used for imports. An alternative would be to use the current value of the SPL data offset, but even when exporting and importing on the same system there is no way to know whether the current offset is the same as the one that was in use for the measurement from which the export was generated.

plasmapz80u

Registered
I'm having Java errors while navigating the EQ, Overlays. I have posted in the main discussion thread for the windows 32-bit REW installer.

Breeman

Hi,

I am not sure if this question has been asked before. I would like to know if it is advisable when using the UMIK-1 microphone, to also use the USB audio interface like the UR22 mkII as an audio output device, instead of an internal laptop sound card? I would like take advantage of higher hardware specifications of the USB audio interface if possible but just not sure it the additional USB audio device won't create timing issues when executing measurement.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I would like to know if it is advisable when using the UMIK-1 microphone, to also use the USB audio interface like the UR22 mkII as an audio output device, instead of an internal laptop sound card? I would like take advantage of higher hardware specifications of the USB audio interface if possible but just not sure it the additional USB audio device won't create timing issues when executing measurement.
Shouldn't cause any issues.

Enrico Castagnetti

Registered
Hi John,

Unfortunately I upgraded my MacBook Pro to macOS 10.15 Catalina and now REW is not working. Any fix on the way?

Top Bottom