Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON

John Mulcahy

REW Author
They multiply without issue for me, but considering the mdat file is 800 MB I think the "out of memory" error is fairly self-explanatory?

serko70

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
They multiply without issue for me, but considering the mdat file is 800 MB I think the "out of memory" error is fairly self-explanatory?
I got carried away chasing excess phase inversion accuracy :) Time to increase REW memory from 4Gb to 6GB!

Last edited:

sm52

John, if a measurement was taken with the left right IR window with the same parameters, and then I changed them, is this correct, is it possible to do this? That is, the settings during the measurement were left Tukey 0.25, right Tukey 0.25. And after the measurement, for export to a txt file, the left Tukey 0.5 and the right Tukey 0.5 became.

JohanAR

Registered
More  
Onkyo TX-SR702E
Computer Audio
Linux NUC13 i3
Front Speakers
Dynaudio Audience 40
Center Channel Speaker
Dynaudio Audience 122C
Surround Speakers
Mirage OM-R2
Subwoofers
TBD
I assume it's a known issue that many UI elements don't respect the general font size setting, but do you need any help listing which ones?

If it's possible to search a thread on this forum I haven't found out how

Chuck Gerlach

I really like the new interface. Each time I use this product (which is all of the time) I am amazed at what we get for the price of a microphone, (USB interface if we use one) and $100 for the multi-mic version. And it keeps getting better and better. While not quite to the level of something like Smaart (~$1200), it keeps getting closer. For future capabilities it would be nice to have the option to use some kind of noise function for measurements so I could, in real time, work on phase alignment. Then, for me, I would no longer need Smaart.

One quick question: Since the vertical and horizontal scroll bars have been removed from the measurement page fo this version, what is the most straight forward way to move the graph up or down - short of using the "Fit To Data" in the "Limits" option.

Thanks again for an amazing product.

Breeman

I noticed that when opening some measurement files measured with an older version of REW, the IR navigator slider is not aligned to the main graphing area. The impulse window and the actual IR are not aligned on the navigator window. Dragging the IR window toward the IR shifts the IR off the main graphing area. Not sure what could be causing this. I have attached the file for your reference.
Snap6.png

Attachments

• AC16.mdat
    1.7 MB · Views: 159

serko70

More  
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
Dear John,

Does disabling a measurement free up any memory space or is it only visual?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
if a measurement was taken with the left right IR window with the same parameters, and then I changed them, is this correct, is it possible to do this?
You can change the windows to anything you wish.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Since the vertical and horizontal scroll bars have been removed from the measurement page fo this version, what is the most straight forward way to move the graph up or dow
They haven't been removed. There is a button in the group above the graph on the right that allows the scroll bars to be turned on and off, perhaps they have been turned off there?

You can move the graph by right clicking on it. You can also change the limits at the end of each axis by placing the mouse there, which will highlight the end of the axis and show the current axis end value, and using the mouse wheel to change the value.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I noticed that when opening some measurement files measured with an older version of REW, the IR navigator slider is not aligned to the main graphing area.
That measurement (an early 5.20 beta build) is reporting an incorrect end time for the IR data, causing incorrect scaling of the overlay. I have added an automatic check/fix for that when measurements are loaded.

Chuck Gerlach

They haven't been removed. There is a button in the group above the graph on the right that allows the scroll bars to be turned on and off, perhaps they have been turned off there?

You can move the graph by right clicking on it. You can also change the limits at the end of each axis by placing the mouse there, which will highlight the end of the axis and show the current axis end value, and using the mouse wheel to change the value.
Thank you. I kept looking in the "Controls" section and skipped right over the obvious !!

serko70

More  
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
During sequential measurement, the window is showing the previous measurement's name in "Next name:"

serko70

More  
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
Dear John,

Is it possible to add a feature to create a copy of a smoothed impulse response such that the new copy will NOT have the original response's smoothing information? In other words, the new copy needs to be smooth by default.

I need this because for example 1/1 smoothing can clean up notches and tail disturbances in a response but it's not possible in REW to treat the 1/1 smoothed version as an original response. It always carries the original resolution in it.

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Is it possible to add a feature to create a copy of a smoothed impulse response such that the new copy will NOT have the original response's smoothing information? In other words, the new copy needs to be smooth by default.
You can do that by making a minimum phase copy of the smoothed measurement.

serko70

More  
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
You can do that by making a minimum phase copy of the smoothed measurement.
MP version of the smoothed response still reverts back to original unsmoothed form when smoothing is removed:

x.jpg

serko70

More  
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
Doesn't work for me. The smoothing I am after is the diference between the two responses. I cannot create a response smooth by default as the copy in the mdat. When I remove smoothing from the MP version it goes back to the original shape! RMS averaging used to work taht way if I remember correctly but it doesn't anymore.

Attachments

• SmoothedResponse.mdat
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

sm52

John, I'm measuring the impedance. I calibrate before measuring. The levels are set to 8.94 dB. During 3 steps of calibration at 512k and up, headroom levels are fine. 8,9. At 256k the headroom level becomes 8.4 dB. Accordingly, an open circuit instead of 99.8 ohms shows 100.2 ohms.
Second question. When I set the levels on the sound card, at that moment they are equal. But after some time, 5 minutes or 10 minutes, they change a little. From this, measurements in the first minute differ from measurements after 5 or 10 minutes. A little. Can REW remember the levels in the Preferences window that were at the time of checking, and then check them before measuring and correct if they drifted a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom