DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
I'd like to create filter that only does channel mapping (cfg + wav). in Jriver i.e. what I refer to as NULL filter.
It seems that deleting the wav files for the filter accomplishes this,
Does this make sense?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
No. A filter that lets everything true has one coefficient with the value 1.0

Omid

I'd like to create filter that only does channel mapping (cfg + wav). in Jriver i.e. what I refer to as NULL filter.
It seems that deleting the wav files for the filter accomplishes this,
Does this make sense?

I think JRiver allows you to do that directly.
In DSP Studio, select Parametric equalizer, then add "mix Channel". You can choose a source channel, a destination channel and whether you want to swap one for he other, copy, move, add, substract. So hopefully you can create whatever map you want.

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
I think JRiver allows you to do that directly.
In DSP Studio, select Parametric equalizer, then add "mix Channel". You can choose a source channel, a destination channel and whether you want to swap one for he other, copy, move, add, substract. So hopefully you can create whatever map you want.
Yes, that is true, but the purpose of the filter is to use with hang loose convolver to make comparison between no filter and AL filters.

Omid

Yes, that is true, but the purpose of the filter is to use with hang loose convolver to make comparison between no filter and AL filters.

Ahh!
This is going to require a bit of nerding out, but it can be done. I haven't tested it thoroughly but give it a try.
So I created a wav file that's an impulse of 1 and has a tap length of 131072. It's a single channel wave file. I Called it null.wav
the cfg file looks (in my example) looks like this:
44100 2 2 0
0 0
0 0
null.wav
null.wav
It selects null.wav channel 0 (the only channel in this identity wav file), convolves channel 0 (left stereo signal) and outputs it to channel 1 (right stereo signal).
Then, It selects null.wav channel 0 (the only channel in this identity wav file), convolves channel 1 (right stereo signal) and outputs it to channel 0 (left stereo signal).

So it swaps right for Left.

If you want to use it in your own case scenario, just replace in your cfg file :

*.wav
x

with

null.wav

It should give you a null filter with the same channel assignment as your filter.

Attachments

• null.zip
    571 bytes · Views: 2

Omid

If my explanation was not clear, post your zip file here, I'll modify it for you.

Ofer

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
miniDSP 4x10hd
Main Amp
Emotiva XPR200 midrange amp
Additional Amp
Crest audio 2001A bass amp, Crest audio 8002 sub
Other Amp
Rotel RA930ax twitter amp
Computer Audio
Sony Bravia android TV
DAC
RME FF400
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Marantz original 5E CD
Front Speakers
Andromeda MkII
Subwoofers
18" OEM powered subwoofer, 18" Martycube Dayton A.
Screen
Sony bravia 65XF9005
Streaming Subscriptions
Deezer HiFi
Other Equipment
HP i5 running W10, HLC convolver for Audio Lense filters
Are you using passive or active system? If the latter you can build a crossover only filter with no frequency or time domain correction and compare that.

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
If my explanation was not clear, post your zip file here, I'll modify it for you.
Thanks very much for this. Now that I've had chance to think about this some more, I don't think this makes sense for anything but 2 channel system. In my case I have 5.1 system with parallel subs (on the .1 sub channel) and each speaker also has crossover. So, just passing everything through seems to just not work.

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
Are you using passive or active system? If the latter you can build a crossover only filter with no frequency or time domain correction and compare that.
It's passive system.
Great suggestion!

Omid

Much better suggestion!!!

Top Bottom