New Audiolense releases

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
[10 feb 2021]

Audiolense 6.16 (64 bit)

Audiolense 6.16 (32 bit)

• A bug that goes back to the launc of Audiolense 6 was recently discover and fixed. Only applies to speakers where crossovers are applied to some, but not all of the drivers.
  • Implemented less-close shaving on the left side of the IR in the automatic noise removal. It has shaved too close on a couple of occations recently.
I recommend to wait a couple of days to install the 32 bit version until Windows Defender\s threat list has been updated.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
[21 apr 2021]

Audiolense 6.17 (64 bit)

Audiolense 6.17 (32 bit)

• Fixed a bug related to saving RIAA correction on the ALC format. It used to occur when “prompt” was chosen in the correction menu as the RIAA option.
  • Made the pre-correction tolerable for higher dB variation as one setup did not get handled as it were supposed to (only applies to individual drivers).

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I've just released Audiolense 6.18 as a beta release. A few minor bugs have been fixed, a "reference target" has been added to the target designer to enable you to see the changes you're making better. Most of all, Audiolense has been made DPI sensitive. If it works like here, it will provide better graphics and the mouse zoom function should work on high dpi screens. But due to several DPI bugs in .NET there is quite a lot of new code involved.

[03 mar 2022]

Audiolense 6.18 (64 bit) beta

Audiolense 6.18 (32 bit) beta

• Made all forms DPI responsive. This was a big makeover that required substantial working around .NET bugs. Please report odd behavior.
  • Fixed sample rate bug on open and view alc corrections.
  • Added target template to target designer. For comparison and fine adjustments
  • Included config files in binary and mono wave correction formats
  • Fixed an error in latency reported by convolver when the setup had digital xo.
  • Fixed a filter measurement bug; if a correction procedure had been deleted, sometimes Audiolense would crash.
  • Fixed bug in simulation that sometimes caused crash.
  • Made changes to the mic calibration reader to better support different decimal separators.
  • Correction directory chosen by the user is now saved.
  • Fixed a bug in Audiolense convolver correction generation that on some setups caused a crash.

Known issue: The chart editor does not scale properly. If you have problems accessing parts of it you can temporary set dpi scaling to 100% in Windows.

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
Hi Bernt.

The scaling now seems ok on my 4k TV screen, but I have new issue with scaling when I use remote desktop connection (I use RDC when working on filters from my main desktop machine).

The display where AL is installed is a 4k, but my RDC desktop is 1080 resolution.

When I open AL from within the RDC session, everything is blown up and some of the screen is pushed off the display. Anything you can think of to fix this?

I can't find any display settings for the RDC session that will improve the situation.
With previous version scaling worked nicely from within RDC session

A work-around that kind of works is as follows, but scaling is still a bit off....

If AL is opened on 4K machine prior to starting RDC session, then scaling is somewhat better on my main desktop, but still not correct. Hopefully you can see example of that from attached jpg.
Also, many of the dialogs are scaled incorrectly.

Thanks

Attachments

• RemoteView.jpg
    RemoteView.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 38
  • RDCWithALStarted.jpg
    RDCWithALStarted.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 34

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
This was a scenario that I didn't see coming.

But if you x out two files the scaling will be 100% graphical, like it used to be.The two files at the bottom.

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
That did the trick!

Funny thing is I started to use RDC because of the scaling issues on my 4K, and then I found processing from main desktop was all around more comfortable. Computer where AL is installed is my media center, so that 4k display is some distance from seating position.

Any chance this can eventually be made configurable?

Thanks

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
I'll think about it.
This is bizarre. As mentioned above, the two files I x out fixed issue with RDC.
Today, I renamed same two files back to their original names so that I could look at stuff on 4k screen.

I'm now back to my main desktop and forgot to x out the files, and what do you know????
The UI is now scaling perfectly on my desktop via RDC session.

Bizarre. I don't have no clue as to what is going on. Just know what I saw other day.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
[2 mar 2022]

Audiolense convolver 1.7 (beta).exe

Several changes has been implemented to make the convolver more user friendly and robust with different players and malfunctioning sound cards. Problems that previously caused the convolver to be shut down by the player are now exposed to the user instead of the player. Furthermore, since several players do not handle restart requests properly, changes has been made to limit restarts to situations where it is absolutely necessary.

A special fix for Qobus has been implemented. Qobuz crashes on the Asio restart request from the convolver, so in this case the user is informed to restart the program.

I have high hopes that users of Qobuz, Roon and Audirvana will experience these changes as improvements, and also that e.g. sample rate changes will work properly where it didn’t before.

The changes in the internal logics are quite substantial with higher complexity, so I need help with testing it before it is out of beta.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
This is bizarre. As mentioned above, the two files I x out fixed issue with RDC.
Today, I renamed same two files back to their original names so that I could look at stuff on 4k screen.

I'm now back to my main desktop and forgot to x out the files, and what do you know????
The UI is now scaling perfectly on my desktop via RDC session.

Bizarre. I don't have no clue as to what is going on. Just know what I saw other day.

The DPI scaling is not thread safe. I suspect that .dotET does some of its flawed scaling in threads, and there is no way to know for sure when this job is done. The patch work done by Audiolense has to start after dotNET has finished this attempt. So I guess you experienced an instance where those threads were delayed a bit compared to what's normal.

If this mishap becomes regular I may have to implement larger time delays her and there in the patchwork..

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Audiolense convolver 1.7 (beta).exe

New beta.

Dialled back on using local restart.

Fixed a buffer size setting bug that often prevented the user from choosing.

… and another buffer setting bug that may have caused problems with the first beta.

Implemented a “force buffer size” option in GUI.

Some DPI related gui improvements.

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
Seems 6.20 seems to have issue with the license check

Attachments

• LicenseError.jpg
    LicenseError.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 28

Valerii

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Intel NUC i7 RAM 32Gb, SSD
Main Amp
HEDD TYPE20 MK2
Computer Audio
Dante Sound Card
DAC
HEDD TYPE20 MK2 embedded DAC via Audinate AVIA AES3
Front Speakers
HEDD TYPE20 MK2
Subwoofers
SVS PC-2000 PRO
Other Speakers or Equipment
RME ADI-2 DAC fs, HEDDPhones as a control point
Streaming Subscriptions
QOBUZ
Other Equipment
Audinate AVIO AES3 x2
Hi,

I have the same license issue as well.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I have fixed that. Do s new download & install and it should be ok.

MNSMike

Hello, I purchased Audiolense back in Feb 2020, and looking to upgrade to the latest edition. However I used an email I no longer have to make the purchase. Please let me know the best way to upgrade.

Thanks,
Mike

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
You can use bernt(..)juicehifi.com.

Im sorry to say that I have no knowledge about the AD chip, I enable a file format for such regularly, but those who need it have to tell me the technical details.

MNSMike

Ok I thought you may have implemented an official plugin for Sigmastudio. As several other 3rd parties have. If this isn’t the case then perhaps my current version will meet my needs. I still haven’t even tried my copy of Audiolense due to my need for latency under 15ms in order to sync with video. I also need the ability to clock sync Audiolense with HDMI eARC. Something that is possible with AD chips.

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
@juicehifi - In my case, it's approaching a year since paying the extended support and upgrade fee.
Although there are no showstopper defects, it would have been nice to receive a program update addressing some of the issues / enhancements discussed over the course of that year.

Can you provide any information as to when your schedule will allow for releasing a program update?

I realize and appreciate that a product takes time and effort to support, but I would also like to receive some type of product improvements from time to time.
Thanks

Top Bottom