Issues with AL

vego99

Hello everyone,

I'm having issues with AL running on my computer.

Mac mini running parallels and windows 10.

The program will start but when I click on "Measurement". I get a error that pops up and closes the program.

I've tried turning off smart screen and tried turning of defender but still having issues.

When using the even log, I'm getting two errors:

Faulting application name: Audiolense.exe, version: 6.20.8146.20308, time stamp: 0x6261210a

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.906, time stamp: 0x2f2f77bf

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000000000034b59

Faulting process id: 0x10e0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d8954ef3b7d365

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Juice Hifi\Audiolense 6.20\Audiolense.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 196b9ab4-23aa-4458-bc08-d2f2cba9d628

Faulting package full name:

AND

Application: Audiolense.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException

at Juice.PortAudio.Pa_AbortStream(IntPtr)

at Juice.PA_HighLevel.NT4kpgjQWI(Boolean)

at Juice.PA_HighLevel.Finalize()

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Erik

Attachments

• tempImagea6gCd6.png
    tempImagea6gCd6.png
    960.7 KB · Views: 17

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I hope someone with parallels experience can share their insights here.

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
Turns out it was missing Motu drivers.
Just curious. Were the Motu drivers previously installed and then uninstalled?
If so, I had similar experience with ASIO4All. After install and then uninstalling ASIO4ALL (decided I didn't need it), I had same experience.

The solution was to reinstall ASIO4ALL.

Not sure what root of problem is, ASIO4ALL's unistall or AL, but other programs such as JRiver did not have this issue,

vego99

Hi Everyone, turns out the error resolved it self after doing a clean install of windows and getting all the Motu audio drivers installed.

I'm now able to perform measurements however, after the sweeps are performed I'm now getting this "IR Extraction Failure" message.

Any clues?

Attachments

• tempImagevUKLyT.png
    tempImagevUKLyT.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
I've found that AL doesn't always play nicely with Windows Defender.
I stopped having many of these types of mysterious issues once defender was told AL is safe.
I simply told windows defender to ignore AL and some of its directories.

vego99

I've found that AL doesn't always play nicely with Windows Defender.
I stopped having many of these types of mysterious issues once defender was told AL is safe.
I simply told windows defender to ignore AL and some of its directories.

Just checked and i have windows defender turned off.

Cant figure out why this IR extraction error is occuring.

@Mitchco @juicehifi any ideas?

jrobbins50

My experience with the fun IR Extraction Failure error is frustrating, most recently today. You might consider using ASIO4all rather than the Motu ASIO. Sometimes, rebooting AL works. Sometimes, I need to reboot my Roon/HQP server on which I have AL installed for measurement. I always check at least one speaker connection to ensure the test signal is heard as a steady, but not fast, staccato. When it goes fast, or if when I start measuring, I see only the first speaker, or the first couple of speakers, moving the meter during the sweep, I know it won’t go well. I also use only a 5 second sweep rather than 10 seconds. This is with a UMIK-2 USB mic and an Okto dac8pro. Not sure what you are using with your Motu. JCR

vego99

IR Extraction error has been resolved. The failure was due to not getting any input signal. A little extra routing was needed and the input channel needed to be changed. I'm now able to get through measurements without error.

dathzo

IR Extraction error has been resolved. The failure was due to not getting any input signal. A little extra routing was needed and the input channel needed to be changed. I'm now able to get through measurements without error.
Hello @vego99. Glad you could sort this out. Were you using a M1 processor?

dathzo

Hi, anybody else that can ship in? Any successful audiolense users in a mac using M1 processors running parallels?

Thank you

vego99

Hi, anybody else that can ship in? Any successful audiolense users in a mac using M1 processors running parallels?

Thank you

Sorry for the delay. I am not using an M1 Processor.

What issues are you having? In the end most of my issues were due to routing and not selecting the correct inputs in AL.

This was more confusing that it needed to be given the errors thrown.. Would have been better to have had a "no input signal detected" or something like that.

Feel free to ping me back if you are still having issues. Id be more than happy to help.

Erik

dathzo

Sorry for the delay. I am not using an M1 Processor.

What issues are you having? In the end most of my issues were due to routing and not selecting the correct inputs in AL.

This was more confusing that it needed to be given the errors thrown.. Would have been better to have had a "no input signal detected" or something like that.

Feel free to ping me back if you are still having issues. Id be more than happy to help.

Erik
Hi Erik and thanks for your message. I still don't have the M1. Wanted to get experiences with it before getting the computer. I may end up going PC.

MIxMonkey

Hi Erik and thanks for your message. I still don't have the M1. Wanted to get experiences with it before getting the computer. I may end up going PC.
Regarding Apple Silicon (M1,M2), Parallels and Audiolense. Whilst there is an ARM version of Windows 11 that works with the latest version of Parallels, there are no Windows/ARM audio drivers available. The Audiolense app itself seems to run ok on Parallels/Windows11 and I'm hoping to try feeding it some measurements made on my studio PC to see how the rest of the process plays out. Will report back.

dathzo

Regarding Apple Silicon (M1,M2), Parallels and Audiolense. Whilst there is an ARM version of Windows 11 that works with the latest version of Parallels, there are no Windows/ARM audio drivers available. The Audiolense app itself seems to run ok on Parallels/Windows11 and I'm hoping to try feeding it some measurements made on my studio PC to see how the rest of the process plays out. Will report back.
Thanks a lot. Curious to hear from you!

MIxMonkey

Ah, I see. Shame about the lack of Windows/Arm audio drivers. I don't suppose Bernt has plans for a Mac port of Audiolense, the demand probably isn't there.

A possible solution could be to allow the import of measurements from another (Mac supported) app, REW for example.

This might have benefits in other areas, as a lot of the problems seem to come from the interaction of AL with the audio interfaces used to generate/record the sweeps.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I have no specific plan of porting to Mac, but I might take it on when I believe it cann be done in a reasonable clean way. Unfortunatly that time hasn't arrived yet.

MIxMonkey

Your report about audiolense/macmini M1 I meant...
Just to report back that loading a measurement, generating, modifying and saving a filter all work fine on AppleM1/Parallels/Windows11ARM. The only issue is that Audiolense won't save to a Parallels linked Mac location. It saves correctly to a "real" Windows location eg the Windows Documents folder. Then you can copy the filter anywhere you like.

Perhaps there will be WindowsARM audio drivers one day, but I'm not holding my breath.

dathzo

Just to report back that loading a measurement, generating, modifying and saving a filter all work fine on AppleM1/Parallels/Windows11ARM. The only issue is that Audiolense won't save to a Parallels linked Mac location. It saves correctly to a "real" Windows location eg the Windows Documents folder. Then you can copy the filter anywhere you like.

Perhaps there will be WindowsARM audio drivers one day, but I'm not holding my breath.
Thanks for reporting back, happy 2023!

dathzo

You're welcome:) I should also point out that Audiolense runs a lot slower (in every respect) under Parallels/WindowsARM than it does on a Wintel machine. Happy New Year!
I went for a windows machine instead, setting it up in the coming days...

Top Bottom