Audiolense 2.1 Setup creates an excess 4th correction – "Correction: Sub Woofer Front Center - Sub"

waddwlla

Hello there,

I am trying to configure a 2.1 filter with crossover at 65Hz in Audiolense 6.20 and I keep getting an extra correction for the subwoofer called "Correction: Sub Woofer Front Center - Sub" (green) where what I assume is the correct subwoofer correction "Correction: Sub Woofer Front Center - Sub (FL, FR)".

As you see, the excess correction also attenuates the overall correction quite a bit.

I am using the default 2.1 speaker setup configuration:

My setup is:

For reference here are my filtered measurements:

Any suggestions on how I can get rid of the extra correction "Correction: Sub Woofer Front Center - Sub" is welcome!

Thanks,
Adrian

Omid

Notice how the correction is 10dB above and parallel to the other one.
try unchecking this option(see pic). See if it helps

Attachments

• 582AA166-5D66-4060-9C42-8D15304002D4.jpeg
    582AA166-5D66-4060-9C42-8D15304002D4.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 15

waddwlla

Thanks @Omid, that helps with the attenuation, but it looks to me as if there is still un-needed attenuation and an unneeded correction (its better overall though):

Is there a way to completely remove the marked correction filter?

Thanks,
Adrian

waddwlla

maybe for visual help, here are the individual correction filters:

Omid

Can you show us the filtered measurements of the sub and meins, as well as your target curves [and do you have a separate one for the subwoofer and the mains, or one single target]?

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
If you are offloading the bass, then set speakers to small. Also, the high pass frequency should be set to slightly different values i.e something like 65 and 65.01, which results in better filter. The manual explains this, I think like last couple of pages.

waddwlla

I've attached the following three files:
  • measurement
  • setup
  • target
The graphs of the filtered measurements, and target curve are above. I have a single target curve with a cross over at 65Hz.

Attachments

• audiolense_data.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 8

Omid

There doesn't seem to be a setup file in your zip folder. I uploaded the measurement, and target. The setup AL automatically chooses to match the measurement fits the setup you posted above.
I only get a sub and 2 mains curves, not 2 curves for the sub: "Correction: Sub Woofer Front Center - Sub" (green) and "Correction: Sub Woofer Front Center - Sub (FL, FR)".
The sub correction only extends to 65Hz and downslopes after that. There isn't a second curve for the sub that would apply a correction to 1000Hz. Not sure why you get that.
Can you send the setup to see what's different?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member

You will always get one correction for the sub as a separate speaker regardless. In addition you will get one or two filters for the bass offloading.

Lower the LFE cutoff frequency to 65 Hz. This will raise the gain overall. 65 Hz is too low for 5.1 movie material, so send the LFE to left and right speaker if you decide to watch 5.1 movies (the format tab, the 5.1 format).
You can delete the 5.1 format entirely if you only play 2.0 material.

Keep the 10dB LFE boost unchecked (the format tab).

Use different bass offloading frequency for left and right speaker (65 and 65.1 Hz) for best possible integration.

You will then get three subwoofer corrections, but only the two offloading corrections will be used.

Top Bottom