Sonus Faber Extrema
Center Channel Speaker
Sonus Faber Cremona M
Surround Speakers
Sonus Faber Electa amator
Subwoofers
Sonus Faber Cremona M x3
MAC V5.30 beta 2

I can't seem to locate the alignment tool and the controls tab seems to have less functions available, has it moved location, I cant seem to find it ?!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There is a graph Actions button next to the graph Controls button for graphs which have actions to carry out on the data, including all the Overlay graphs, the SPL & Phase graph and the Impulse graph. The Actions button shows a panel with the action buttons and controls on it that can be repositioned, reducing clutter on the graph by taking those actions out of the graph controls panel.

IWC Doppel

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Naim AV2, Acurus ACT4 -16
Main Amp
naim 135 monoblocks
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UDP9000
Front Speakers
Sonus Faber Extrema
Center Channel Speaker
Sonus Faber Cremona M
Surround Speakers
Sonus Faber Electa amator
Subwoofers
Sonus Faber Cremona M x3
John, Thanks

MatiasR

Registered
More  
Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE stage 2
Main Amp
Apollon NC800 SL PRO
Calyx Femto
Front Speakers
Thiel CS3.7
Streaming Subscriptions
JRiver - Sonore ultraRendu - Uptone ISO Regen
Congrats on the big update, John!

onlyoneme

Hi John, I got this

1700845515611.png

and this

1700845567936.png

during stepped SMPTE measurement. Is it normal that input RMS level reported in watts during the measurement does not map to the input watts level on the graph?

Does the x-axis on the graph operate A-weighted values? Is there a way to switch to unweighted values?

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The reference level for SMPTE IMD is the level of f2, not the total input.

onlyoneme

I guess there is no way to switch to the total RMS input actually. Could you consider adding such a feature?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you calibrate the generator output to reflect the total system level produced you can switch the plot to generator instead of input. On the distortion graph "Input" is the level of the fundamental, for IMD measurements "Fundamental" reflects the reference level.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Build links in the first post have been updated to beta 3 with these changes:
  • Added: Support for Mosconi equalisers
  • Added: Support for Grace Design m908 equaliser
  • Added: Show a warning message if overwriting an mdat file will mean the file has fewer measurements
  • Added: Output level spinners can be changed in steps of 0.01 dB by using Ctrl+Alt+mouse wheel
  • Added: Sawtooth signal can be inverted
  • Changed: Added keyboard shortcuts for the EQ filters panel Load (Alt+L), Save (Alt+S), Clipboard copy (Alt+C) and Reset (Alt+R) buttons
  • Fixed: Generate minimum phase on imported frequency responses reduced level by 3 dB
  • Fixed: Trace arithmetic would not produce a valid result if one or both of the IRs had more than 4M samples. Limit is now 8M samples.

JoinUs

111111.png
222222.png

its not big deal.
Could you please add an option to disable the file name followed by -samplerate?
Every time you export a WAV file, you must change the name one by one.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Could you please add an option to disable the file name followed by -samplerate?
Every time you export a WAV file, you must change the name one by one.
If sample rate is not appended then trying to export more than one rate would not work.

hemiutut

Hi John
In future updates, can you make the phase of the subwoofers variable in Room Simulator?
roomsim.jpg

Written with a translator.

Greetings

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Denon x6500h
Panasonic UB9000
I appreciate the updates John, thank you.

Just wondering. After using trace arithmetic and exporting as text. I save the text file, which gives you all the details of that measurement. The frequency responses from 2hz all the way up to 24'000 hz are always the same. So, in the text file, 18k is always represented as 18000.000000. This is when "use resolution of measurement" is selected at 96 PPO. So, every speaker export as text uses the exact same frequencies.

However, that same text file, if I import to REW as a frequency response, and then export it as text file, the frequencies are saved differently. 18K or 18000.000000 now becomes 18000.001953 and this goes for all frequencies.

I'm just wondering why this is and what causes this? Does this mean that a saved measurement doesn't have the resolution of an active measurement? When importing a frequency response does it limit the amount of data in the import?

ORIGINAL TEXT FILE START

IMPORTED FREQUENCY RESPONSE TEXT FILE TO REW THEN SAVED
2.245380<<<<<

As you can see, it starts off equally, but then after line 3, there is a slight deviation in resolution, and over the course of 24K it stretches the frequency points ever so slightly after line 3. If I was to see this in the video world, I'd say that there's some type of scaling happening, and is not in true native resolution. Is that an accurate thought?

There are 1289 lines of text code in both text files.
Thanks.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When a file is imported the spacing is calculated from the file entries. The precision of the entries can mean the result is slightly different to the spacing used when generating the file. In your example the difference is 0.00001%, so not likely to be a problem.

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Denon x6500h
Panasonic UB9000
When a file is imported the spacing is calculated from the file entries. The precision of the entries can mean the result is slightly different to the spacing used when generating the file. In your example the difference is 0.00001%, so not likely to be a problem.
Thanks John, yeah, it's not a problem, just wondered what caused it.

sm52

John Mulcahy,​

I described my problem in this post https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/v5-30-beta-release.12707/post-95917. Following your advice to save the settings to a file, I do just that. According to how it is said in Help. The file to save is rewprefs.txt But the problem persists. Today I created several IR presets and deleted others. I saved the settings to a file and closed REW. The settings file was saved at the correct time. Then, 20 minutes later, I opened another measurement file in REW and checked the IR presets. The ones I removed were still there. As for those created today, I’m not sure if all of them remain. Further. The rewprefs.txt file does not differentiate between BLACKMAN_HARRIS_7 and BLACKMAN_HARRIS_4. There is only BLACKMAN_HARRIS.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The rewprefs.txt file does not differentiate between BLACKMAN_HARRIS_7 and BLACKMAN_HARRIS_4.
It does. Please use the "Generate diagnostic file" option in the Help menu and attach the file here.

sm52

Here he is.

Attachments

• REWdiagnostic_1701360866843.zip
    73 KB · Views: 22

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Thanks. I found issues with when the presets were saved (only when the presets window was closed) and the behaviour when presets are deleted. They have been fixed for the next beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom