REW Beta Release V5.30 beta release

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
V5.30 is the release version with the changes previewed in the V5.20.14 early access build. The changes are detailed here: What's new in REW V5.30

V5.30 has now been released and can be downloaded from roomeqwizard.com.

PLEASE NOTE: Windows builds from 3rd May onwards are signed with a new certificate. Microsoft SmartScreen may warn that the files are "unrecognized" or "not commonly downloaded" and ask you to confirm you trust the file before allowing it to run. That will continue until SmartScreen has seen sufficient downloads.

Last edited:

JoinUs

Thank you always. Thank you for immediately accepting a lot of feedback from the beta version.:)

FargateOne

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Rotel RSX-1562
Additional Amp
Bryston 3B3 for fronts mains
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Cambridge CXU
Front Speakers
B&W 804 D2
Center Channel Speaker
B&W HTM4D2
Surround Speakers
B&W 705
Subwoofers
SVS PC-2000 and SVS PC-2000 Pro
Other Speakers or Equipment
10 PEQ filters/channel in receiver with REW
Video Display Device
Samsung UN55ES8000
Other Equipment
miniDSP 2x4 HD
WOW!

Lowclock

In the other thread I asked about "Normalize step to IR peak". So is it normal for the step response to sometimes become so large that even fully zoomed out it's not even close to all fitting on the graph? I think I just don't understand why this this happens, and how it might otherwise be useful.

E: Nevermind. Did a bit of poking around and I think I get it now.

Last edited:

vadimal12

Registered

• hello! Tell me how to install V5.30 on windows 10? Using the link, I downloaded a file with the extension (.sh). I run it from the communal drain and .. nothing is happening

Dr.OP

Staff member

• hello! Tell me how to install V5.30 on windows 10? Using the link, I downloaded a file with the extension (.sh). I run it from the communal drain and .. nothing is happening
You need to download windows version of the installer ending with .exe. It looks like you downloaded Linux installer ending with .sh.

sm52

John Mulcahy

There is a presets button in the IR windows. I open a file with several measurements, do something in them, change parameters in IR windows, save them as presets. The next day I open the same file, check the presets, but they are not there. There are presets that were there until yesterday. Although the measurements themselves contain IR windows settings, which I saved yesterday as presets. I've gotten into this situation several times already.
How does saving presets work? Are saved presets linked to the same mdat file? Or should they be visible when all subsequent files are opened?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
IR presets are saved in the same way as all other preference settings. If you are using file-based preferences there will be information about that on the About REW dialog.

Lowclock

Occasionally I have an issue with the measurement list where a measurement will overlap another one and I can't really seem to nail down what causes it.

Attachments

• overlap.png
    overlap.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 148

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Occasionally I have an issue with the measurement list where a measurement will overlap another one
Odd. You could try turning off "Animate measurements list" in the View preferences in case that is a factor.

JoinUs

Odd. You could try turning off "Animate measurements list" in the View preferences in case that is a factor.
Actually that bug.. is I remember it's probably been in the last couple of beta versions as well. I didn't just report it because it didn't seem like a serious bug. Sometimes happen.
I always disable animate so it would be a separate bug from that option.

JoinUs

If you notice any action that precedes or precipitates it let me know.
I don't remember exactly, but usually I don't touch the messurement, either when I change the order or delete the messurment thumnail a lot.
It's obvious that the bug occurred when something was taken action.For your information, I usually have 20-30 messages on the list. I'm sure I've never seen that bug on a small list of three or four.

jtalden

More  
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
VTV 6 chnl NC252MP P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
I have seen it with only 3 measurements. Measurement 3 overlays 95% of measurement 2. I can't find a sequence that recreates this however. The 3 or 4 times I have seen this I had also opened the EQ window and switched back to the main window to select another measurement, but that may not be required.

jtalden

More  
Marantz AV7705 Pre/Pro
Main Amp
VTV 6 chnl NC252MP P-amp x 2
Additional Amp
Behringer DCX2496 x 2
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Player
Front Speakers
DIY SEAS H1456/H1212 Spkr x 5
Subwoofers
DIY JBL 2235H 15" SW x 2
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-X790R
Screen
Da-Lite Da-Snap 39105V - 92"
Okay, it's easy to reproduce.
Open any .mdat with 3 or more measurements. Click on the graph portion of measurement 3 to select it, then click on the graph portion of measurement 2, then the graph portion of measurement 1. Measurement 2 will then be covered by measurement 1.

This does not happen if the dialog portion of the measurement is clicked on instead.

Lowclock

Okay, it's easy to reproduce.
Open any .mdat with 3 or more measurements. Click on the graph portion of measurement 3 to select it, then click on the graph portion of measurement 2, then the graph portion of measurement 1. Measurement 2 will then be covered by measurement 1.

This does not happen if the dialog portion of the measurement is clicked on instead.

Oh, good eye. It looks like clicking on the graph in the measurement tab can get it kind of stuck in move mode as if you were constantly trying to drag it around, but trying to drag the graph doesn't actually work. I can easily reproduce this by doing:

Make measurement 2 the active measurement.
Try to move it in the list by clicking on the graph and dragging it, which doesn't work.
This measurement is now permanently stuck on top of number 1 unless you click somewhere besides the graph.

If you click measurement 1 outside of the graph it will pop to where it should be, but measurement 2 is still kind of stuck. If you click graphs 2 and then 1, 2 will be stuck on top again. If you click 2 outside of the graph, it goes back to normal. So yeah, clicking on he graph is just kind of messed up.

I always have it off, but it behaves the same way with it on.

Attachments

• overlap2.png
    overlap2.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 53

sm52

John Mulcahy

about not saving IR windows presets, while everything is saved. There is another question. In the measurement window I can select Use loopback as cal and timing reference. In this case, as I understand it, during the measurement a calibration file is created that corrects the measurement, eliminating the influence of the loopback. If there is already a sound card calibration file that I created specifically, will it be replaced with a new one? Or will the old file remain as it was?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Thanks, I have fixed the drag behaviour of the graph thumbnail for the next beta.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
In the measurement window I can select Use loopback as cal and timing reference. In this case, as I understand it, during the measurement a calibration file is created that corrects the measurement, eliminating the influence of the loopback. If there is already a sound card calibration file that I created specifically, will it be replaced with a new one? Or will the old file remain as it was?
Using loopback as cal does not change or use any existing soundcard cal file.

tjcinnamon

WOW!!! This repeated measurement feature just saved me a ton of time. 6 subs, 2 mains, 3 positions... 24 measurements went about 3 times as quick. Huge quality of life improvement!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Build links in the first post have been updated to beta 2 with these changes:
  • Changed: The date/time format used for saved RTA measurements is the format defined on the Measure dialog for the Add date/time naming option
  • Changed: Date/time is appended to the group name when saving group averages from the RTA
  • Fixed: Measurement panels were wider after collapsing/expanding
  • Fixed: Measurement panels could not be dragged by clicking on the graph thumbnail
  • Fixed: The import sweep recordings warning message for channels with zero-valued data showed the wrong channel numbers
  • Fixed: Group average measurement names did not include any chosen name format additions (measurement number or date/time)

listener800

Registered
Screen Shot 2023-11-16 at 10.42.02 AM.png

Hey John, thanks for the amazing updates! One question though, is there a reason the "Remove Selected Measurements" option was removed from the right-click menu in the legend?
This was *insanely* useful for me, and it being gone has made my workflow a lot slower with a lot more clicks.
Thanks!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There's a "Remove" button on the Actions panels for that now, along with the other "Actions for all selected measurements".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom