V5.20.14 early access build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoinUs

What action led up to the error?
Something I remember from what I did
1. I had several messurement open (Maybe 7~8 pies)
2. I've called in another one here to refer to/comparate information from other measurements that I've.
3. After checking, I pressed the "x" mark next to the thumbnail to erase a few unnecessary (just called) measurements, and that error occurred.

Breeman

I dreamed about this all my life.:jump::jump::jump:

As I understand it, this line will always be this color. I think she stands out too much. It would be better to make her paler. It can be the same color, but more pale. And. Is it possible to add the same for impuls graphs, and the same in the Overlays window? For phase and impuls.
Probably best to have the ability to change its color via the Trace options.

snap7-png.png

boxerfan88

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha RX-A3030
Main Amp
DA&T A38 Integrated
Front Speakers
Usher Mini Dancer 2
Center Channel Speaker
Usher
Surround Speakers
Bose
Subwoofers
Orisun DD12
Video Display Device
Samsung Plasma TV
Hi John,

I am using 14ea64. Today I imported sweep recording, and the graph is at 125dB level, when it should be at around 76dB level.

2023-06-11-13-47-19-REW-V5-20-14.png

Not sure why this is happening. Is it some REW setting that I need to check?

Attached is the MDAT, sweep recording, sweep source.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    7 MB · Views: 1,420

JoinUs

Hi John,

I am using 14ea64. Today I imported sweep recording, and the graph is at 125dB level, when it should be at around 76dB level.

View attachment 62323

Not sure why this is happening. Is it some REW setting that I need to check?

Attached is the MDAT, sweep recording, sweep source.
If you bring wav file into rew, You have to take "offset value"

boxerfan88

Registered
More  
Yamaha RX-A3030
Main Amp
DA&T A38 Integrated
Front Speakers
Usher Mini Dancer 2
Center Channel Speaker
Usher
Surround Speakers
Bose
Subwoofers
Orisun DD12
Video Display Device
Samsung Plasma TV
If you bring wav file into rew, You have to take "offset value"

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Where do I check/set this "offset value" ?

boxerfan88

Registered
More  
Yamaha RX-A3030
Main Amp
DA&T A38 Integrated
Front Speakers
Usher Mini Dancer 2
Center Channel Speaker
Usher
Surround Speakers
Bose
Subwoofers
Orisun DD12
Video Display Device
Samsung Plasma TV
Hello @John Mulcahy @JoinUs

It's okay now. I just did a "delete preferences & shutdown", and then reconfigured REW from scratch. Now it's all good. Imported graphs are at 76dB levels.

boxerfan88

Registered
More  
Yamaha RX-A3030
Main Amp
DA&T A38 Integrated
Front Speakers
Usher Mini Dancer 2
Center Channel Speaker
Usher
Surround Speakers
Bose
Subwoofers
Orisun DD12
Video Display Device
Samsung Plasma TV
Posting here some observations about the CAL settings that could explain the huge SPL offset.

Mic Cal "gear" details (when there is a problem):

2023-06-11-14-24-25-REW-V5-20-14.png

Mic Cal "gear" details (after delete preferences-shutdown-reconfigure, and working properly):

2023-06-11-14-41-28-REW-V5-20-14.png

I am not sure how REW got into the "red box" state....

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When files are imported the SPL offset from the current input selection is used. You have a UMIK cal file loaded, but for REW to treat an input as having a UMIK and make use of the sensitivity figure the UMIK must appear in the input list so that REW can read the associated volume control and apply the appropriate adjustment for the volume control setting.

Breeman

Hi John,

A small request. Please consider an option to remove the yellow hue around the highlighted graph. I feel it makes the highlighted graph look a bit odd in some color combinations like in the instance below where the yellow overshadows the color of the graph.
Snap14.png

Last edited:

davide.bortolami-sb

Registered
Just wanted to say I love the generator.
Best generator UI of ALL the audio analyser softwares. I've been playing with CLIO, Virtins, Arta, Audio Precision and the generator in REW is just so sweet

Last edited:

Breeman

Hi John,

I noticed that when applying "No smoothing" in EQ tab, it does not seem to change the filtered response. Not sure if is this how it is supposed to work.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
it does not seem to change the filtered response
Do you mean the predicted response or the response of the filters themselves? Smoothing only affects measurements (actual or predicted), it doesn't have any effect on filters.

Breeman

Predicted. When applying any other smoothing except "No smoothing", then both the actual and predicted are smoothed accordingly. When no smoothing is selected, only the actual response goes back to its original form, the predicted response retains what seems to be 1/24 or 1/48 smoothing. See below,
Snap11.png

Snap10.png

JoinUs

One Request, One Question.

Request : Can you add function "Copy EQ value and paste to other messruement" ? on Thumnails.
Such as,
When I'm experimenting with different things, I'm either typing and pasting the same EQ values each time, or saving an EQ file and reloading it. Of course, it's easy to save and load, but it would be nice to have a simpler way to streamline the process.
(e.g. right click on the thumbnail - Copy - Paste)

Question : Why can't bring CEA2034 messurement into REW beta? Can you check this?
I've loaded it just fine in the past using the full release and early beta versions with no problems.

Attachments

• CEA2034.zip
    87.6 KB · Views: 13

JoinUs

Hi John,

I noticed that when applying "No smoothing" in EQ tab, it does not seem to change the filtered response. Not sure if is this how it is supposed to work.
I sometimes experience this in the SPL/Phase window (especially when a Minimum/Excess Phase is Generated). I've experienced a few times that disabling and enabling smoothing doesn't work for Phase.

sam_adams

Question : Why can't bring CEA2034 messurement into REW beta? Can you check this?
I've loaded it just fine in the past using the full release and early beta versions with no problems.

You can't import the spinorama data for two reasons:

1. The data is in a format that REW cannot parse. All of the files are in multi-column, tab separated text files that need to be imported into a spreadsheet and then exported as multiple files for each column pair of frequency and magnitude.

2. All the files have a comma in all frequency values above 1000 Hz. The values appear as 1,000, 2,000, etc. which causes REW to throw the error below. To avoid the error you have to edit all the text files to remove the comma from all frequency values.
error.png

You will get a better representation of the spinorama data by using the MatLab/GNU Octave scripts from user Maiky76 over on ASR.

JoinUs

You can't import the spinorama data for two reasons:

1. The data is in a format that REW cannot parse. All of the files are in multi-column, tab separated text files that need to be imported into a spreadsheet and then exported as multiple files for each column pair of frequency and magnitude.

2. All the files have a comma in all frequency values above 1000 Hz. The values appear as 1,000, 2,000, etc. which causes REW to throw the error below. To avoid the error you have to edit all the text files to remove the comma from all frequency values.
View attachment 62354

You will get a better representation of the spinorama data by using the MatLab/GNU Octave scripts from user Maiky76 over on ASR.
Hmm.. Thanks. Weird.
I used the same data well from REW a few months ago. Thank you. =(

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That shouldn't matter (and didn't used to), I broke it when trying to expand support for some other file formats with comma as decimal delimiter. I'll fix it. The data format still isn't suitable for import though.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I sometimes experience this in the SPL/Phase window (especially when a Minimum/Excess Phase is Generated). I've experienced a few times that disabling and enabling smoothing doesn't work for Phase.
The minimum phase result is based on the magnitude response at the time it was generated and is not affected by changing smoothing after it has been generated. As excess phase is generated from measured - minimum it will vary with smoothing, but again is only really meaningful with the smoothing that was applied when the minimum phase response was generated.

JoinUs

Latest version, In EQ tab. Can't Zoom inout using Mouse Scroll wheel.
Other tab(Such as SPL or anything) is work.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When graphical filter edit is enabled on the filter adjust graph the mouse wheel is used for filter Q adjustment. You can still use the mouse wheel on the graph axes.

Breeman

When exporting the measurement using "Export as txt" from the Controls toolbar, the measurement name in the Export preview box is not correct even thought the exported measurement is the correct one. See below;
Snap4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom