V5.20.14 early access build

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
For example, on the SPL tab, make the axis 0 degrees of phase 2 pixels
The right hand phase aixs no longer aligning with the grid lines is awkward, though that allows much more flexibility in phase axis scaling. I'm not sure how best to manage that, but I think an extra line would not look right.

Norixone

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha CX-A5100
Main Amp
Onkyo M-5000R
Additional Amp
Rotel RMB 1512
Computer Audio
Intel i5
DAC
Auralic Vega
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo UDP-203
Front Speakers
ML ESL11
Center Channel Speaker
ML ESL C
Surround Speakers
ML ElectroMotion IW
Surround Back Speakers
ML ElectroMotion IW
Front Height Speakers
ML ElectroMotion IW
Rear Height Speakers
ML ElectroMotion IW
Subwoofers
Rythmik F12SE
Video Display Device
Optoma UHZ65
Screen
100"
Are you using the latest build? It is updated frequently, the links in the first post always point to the latest build.
I've just noticed you have released another beta at the beginning of this month. I have downloaded it and will test it asap. In the meantime thank you for your amazing work and support. Enjoy the rest of the day.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There is, but it has a number of limitations, mainly it’s not compatible with measurement microphones such as UMIK, and cannot be used with non-ASIO audio devices.
Lack of compatibility with USB mics is a consequence of the way the AES75 spec has been defined, requiring dual channel FFT processing. You could use FlexASIO as a wrapper for anything that doesn't have ASIO drivers.

davide.bortolami-sb

Registered
Lack of compatibility with USB mics is a consequence of the way the AES75 spec has been defined, requiring dual channel FFT processing. You could use FlexASIO as a wrapper for anything that doesn't have ASIO drivers.
Thank you for your kind suggestion, I will try it !

G29

Is there a reason why one can't drag and drop .wav files into the Overlay window in Linux the same was as dragging and dropping into the main window ?

Thanks much.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Is there a reason why one can't drag and drop .wav files into the Overlay window in Linux the same was as dragging and dropping into the main window ?
Yes, two reasons:
  1. No one has asked for it
  2. I haven't implemented it

G29

Yes, two reasons:
  1. No one has asked for it
  2. I haven't implemented it
=)

Consider #1 requested if and when you can fit it in. Thought it might be some sort of windowing/UI limitation.

The stacking order routinely gets mixed so the drag and drop fails.

Thanks much.

sm52

John,
REW has a Captured tab. If the sweep and captured frequencies match, the sweep peaks should be the same distance from the capture peaks. If I see 10 sweep peaks on the screen, I should see 10 capture peaks. Not 11 capture peaks. Right?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Only if the generated and captured signals start at the same moment, which would be unusual.

sm52

Yes. I suspected that the mismatch was due to the offset of the capture time from the sweep. To evaluate the difference in sampling rates between them, maybe add a button, when pressed, the start time of one and the second would be aligned?

sm52

Does REW always check sample rate difference if only '...with acoustic ref' is checked in 'Analysis'? For example, if the measurement is 'no timing reference'.

Breeman

Quick question.
How does one disable the graph name from being displayed if the graph is highlighted?

Snap1.png

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Does REW always check sample rate difference if only '...with acoustic ref' is checked in 'Analysis'? For example, if the measurement is 'no timing reference'.
For sweep measurements the clock adjustment is performed for acoustic or loopback timing references if the associated Analysis preference is selected. REW can also check the clock on the RTA when playing an FFT-locked sine or a multitone signal, if the associated distorton setting is selected.

sm52

John, thanks for the replies. The latest or penultimate update slightly improved the definition of t=0. But sometimes REW sets t=0 a little after the peak. Also, sometimes on the tweeter impuls graph, t=0 can be in the middle of a rise from zero to peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom