V5.20.14 early access build

Status
Not open for further replies.

thothsong

At initial Open, the pre-selected file in the list has a different highlight color (a shade of gray that's hard for me to distinguish from the gray used for alternating entries) than is used when I actually select a file. If I immediately Cancel, and Open again, the file no longer appears to be pre-selected or highlighted. Are those also intended?

If there was some 1-click way to deselect the pre-selected file, I wouldn't find it as cumbersome.

sam_adams

Bug in 5.20.14ea4 - File associations for .mdat files reset after installer runs.

The file associations for .mdat files is reset to a generic document icon and association after the installer for 5.20.14ea4 runs.

Systems affected:

macOS 10.14.6 thru macOS 12.6.1 (macOS 13.0 not tested—too new.)

Should be:

After install:
macOS 10.14.6:

macOS 10.15.7:

macOS 11.7.1 (Finder prompts to search for app on app store to open file.):

macOS 12.6.1 (Finder prompts to search for app on app store to open file.):

Logout and login does not fix. Restart does not fix. Files need to be manually re-associated with application (macOS 10.15.7):

Once files are re-associated with REW, file icons remain generic icons (macOS 10.14.6 and macOS 10.15.7) and document 'KIND' does not change to 'REW Measurement' (macOS 10.14.6 through macOS 12.6.1). Double-clicking on file opens REW app but measurement is not loaded—must be loaded through 'File > Open Measurement', 'Cmd-O', or the 'Open Measurement' folder icon on the toolbar.

Uninstall and re-install of 5.20.14ea4 does not fix issue.

Fix:

Revert to 5.20.14ea2.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The file associations for .mdat files is reset to a generic document icon and association after the installer for 5.20.14ea4 runs.
The mechanism for handling file associations changed with the latest installer as a result of some Ventura security changes. The previous settings were supposed to migrate automatically, but evidently did not. I have fixed it in the ea5 builds now linked in the first post.

The updated builds have also made mouse wheel adjustment available for all spinners and drop down boxes. The key for fine adjustment has changed to Alt, since that least magic of all things the magic mouse generates events with the Shift modifier when it detects horizontal scrolling, which is pretty much any time it is touched.

serko70

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
Dear John,

Very happy with the new design and the powerful additions to EQ. I have a question: Is it possible to use "All Pass" filter for crossover phase shift corrections similar to the filter linearization tool in rePhase? If so what would be the appropriate Q value for a Linkwitz-Riley 4th order crossover (24dB/octave) for example?

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I don't think so, I suspect the phase change is in the wrong direction. You can see the effect of a filter on predicted phase in the phase graph of the EQ window.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Further updates today, details are in the first post but to highlight one item, I have added an entry in the Filter tasks pane to Measure with these filters, which makes a sweep measurement with the current equaliser filter settings applied to the sweep output. This may be convenient when using WASAPI exclusive or ASIO drivers which bypass software EQ, or when experimenting with crossover settings for a driver (since the Generic Extended equaliser offers a range of crossover filters). Note that it is not practical to offer something similar for FIR filters, since those can introduce very high latencies and would give a filtered sweep which was much longer than the original, overly complicating the measurement process.

ddude003

AV Addict
Somewhere Northeast of Kansas City Missouri
More  
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium TubePre (2 channel+sub)
Main Amp
McIntosh MC152 SS Amp (2 channel)
Additional Amp
Yamaha RX-A850 Pro (the other 5 channels lol)
Computer Audio
MacBook Pro, Custom i7 7700k De-lid 2xAsus1080ti GFX Audirvana Studio, Hang Loose Convolver, Pulsar Massive & 8200, LiquidSonics, SoX
DAC
Chord Electronics Ltd. Qutest
Sony UBP-X700 /M Ultra HD 4K HDR & PS5
Front Speakers
Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL
Center Channel Speaker
Martin Logan Motion C2
Surround Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4
Surround Back Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4 (yes, another set of these)
Subwoofers
Martin Logan Dynamo 700
Other Speakers or Equipment
Cifte 12AU7 NOS & Genalex Gold Lion Tubes in Pre
Video Display Device
Samsung The Premiere LSP7T UST Laser Projector
Screen
Elite Screens Aeon CLR3 0.8 Gain 103-inch
Remote Control
PrimaLuna, Lumin iApp, Samsung & Yamaha
Streaming Equipment
Netgear Nighthawk S8000 Streaming Switch, Lumin U1 Mini Streamer Transport
Streaming Subscriptions
QoBuz Studio Premier, Amazon Prime & Netflix
Other Equipment
ThrowRug, SaddleBlankets, WideBand & Bass Traps...
Note that it is not practical to offer something similar for FIR filters, since those can introduce very high latencies and would give a filtered sweep which was much longer than the original, overly complicating the measurement process.
No worries, some of us will do it the old skool way... Because math...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Another few updates. It has been very tricky to move through impulse responses at high zoom levels, so I have tried to tackle that by adding an impulse response navigator. It sits below the impulse graph, replacing the scroll bar, and shows the entire response with the currently displayed portion highlighted. The highlighted region can be dragged to reposition the view, with smooth scrolling even at very high zoom. Clicking anywhere in the navigator view centres the displayed portion on the click. If the mouse wheel is used while the mouse is over the navigator the graph will be zoomed along its time axis, centred on the time axis position of the mouse pointer in the main graph.

There is now an option to "Fill silence with dither" on the Measure dialog and the Measurement sweep panel of the signal generator. If this is selected the generator will replace silent parts of the sweep with 16-bit dither. This option is provided to try and counter aggressive output muting which some DACs exhibit when one of their input channels does not have any signal. There is some penalty in the impulse response noise level, though it is far below the noise floor for acoustic measurements, only potentially having an impact when measuring electronics. Nonetheless the option should only be selected if required to counter device behaviour.

There are now controls in the room simulator to set the SPL at the top and bottom of the response graph.

dcibel

Yes, the impulse response navigator is very nice indeed.

I do have a problem with the waterfall in Linux. I can't say if this was a problem with previous builds as I rarely use the waterfall plot. Here's the output of the error:
Code:
REW V5.20.14 running Azul Systems, Inc. JRE 1.8.0_352 64-bit on linux 6.0.8-1-manjaro Locale: language en, keyboard CA, UTF-8 at 96 DPI

java.lang.InternalError: not implemented yet
Stack Trace:
not implemented yet
    sun.java2d.xr.XRSurfaceData.getRaster(XRSurfaceData.java:72)
    sun.java2d.loops.Blit$AnyBlit.Blit(Blit.java:163)
    sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.blitSurfaceData(DrawImage.java:959)
    sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.renderImageCopy(DrawImage.java:577)
    sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.copyImage(DrawImage.java:67)
    sun.java2d.pipe.DrawImage.copyImage(DrawImage.java:1014)
    sun.java2d.pipe.ValidatePipe.copyImage(ValidatePipe.java:186)
    sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawImage(SunGraphics2D.java:3325)
    sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawImage(SunGraphics2D.java:3303)
    roomeqwizard.$G.A(y:2285)
    roomeqwizard.$G.A(y:3380)
    roomeqwizard.pI.A(y:416)
    roomeqwizard.pI.A(y:1518)
    roomeqwizard.pI.A(y:1232)
    roomeqwizard.pI.paintComponent(y:3034)
    javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1056)
    javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)
    javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)
    javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(JLayeredPane.java:586)
    javax.swing.JLayer.paint(JLayer.java:433)
    javax.swing.plaf.LayerUI.paint(LayerUI.java:79)
    javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(ComponentUI.java:161)
    javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(JComponent.java:780)
    javax.swing.JLayer.paint(JLayer.java:428)
    roomeqwizard.aB.paint(y:2131)
    javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5210)
    javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(RepaintManager.java:1579)
    javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1502)
    javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(BufferStrategyPaintManager.java:306)
    javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1272)
    javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5158)
    javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4969)
    javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:831)
    javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:814)
    java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
    javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:814)
    javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:789)
    javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:738)
    javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(RepaintManager.java:64)
    javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(RepaintManager.java:1732)
    java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
    java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
    java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Last edited by a moderator:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Yes, the impulse response navigator is very nice indeed.

I do have a problem with the waterfall in Linux. I can't say if this was a problem with previous builds as I rarely use the waterfall plot. Here's the output of the error:
That's actually quite an old bug that is caused by graphics features that some Linux runtimes lack. An OpenGL option was added to the installer for Linux to work around it, and in V5.20.5 a test was added to check for it and disable the features that use it. Odd to see it still happening. If the test was run and failed the log file should have an entry showing

Disabling use of BlendComposite due to internal error, waterfalls will not show overlaid cursor

but the error comes from the part of the code that shows that cursor, so it seems that the test may somehow have passed on your system even though the required feature is not present. Are your preferences saved OK, settings remembered etc?

dcibel

That's actually quite an old bug that is caused by graphics features that some Linux runtimes lack. An OpenGL option was added to the installer for Linux to work around it, and in V5.20.5 a test was added to check for it and disable the features that use it. Odd to see it still happening. If the test was run and failed the log file should have an entry showing

Disabling use of BlendComposite due to internal error, waterfalls will not show overlaid cursor

but the error comes from the part of the code that shows that cursor, so it seems that the test may somehow have passed on your system even though the required feature is not present. Are your preferences saved OK, settings remembered etc?
Hi John,
On normal startup, there are no errors. preferences are saved just fine, the software otherwise appears to be fully functional. Here are contents of "roomeq_wizard0.log.txt":
Code:
Nov 17, 2022 4:49:07 PM roomeqwizard.RoomEQ_Wizard main
INFO: REW V5.20.14 running Azul Systems, Inc. JRE 1.8.0_352 64-bit on linux 6.0.8-1-manjaro
Locale: language en, keyboard CA, UTF-8 at 96 DPI

Previous log files with the crash contain nothing interesting other than the crash detail that I've already posted above. The disabling of BlendComposite is not present. I will note that the time stamps in the log files are off by 2 hours.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Manjaro may have a partial implementation of BlendComposite sufficient to pass the test. I've made the test specific to the composite REW uses and added further checks to stop any errors propagating, so the next build may deal with it.

serko70

More  
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
John,

This is not early access specific but a general question: REW uses 125ms left window size for its measured responses by default however imported responses are given a default left window of 100ms. Is there a reason for that difference?

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW uses 125ms left window size for its measured responses by default however imported responses are given a default left window of 100ms. Is there a reason for that difference?
100 ms is the minimum for imported responses, the window will be set to span the pre-peak portion of the import if it is longer than that.

Rodriguez Pablo

More  
Audient ID44
It will be useful if the "Room Sim" tool allows you to manually specify the exact position of the sound source using coordinates.
Another implementation could be an iterative movement of sources and listening points to achieve the more invariant frequency curve, is something already implemented in another soft. But the nice plus is that the soft allows you to set some limits on the possible sources and listening point movements. Knowing that it is not possible to input the full information of every single room into the tool, the user could limit the possible physical positions to be spotted.
Best Regards!!

thothsong

I don't know how workable it would be, but I wonder if it would be useful to have some way to see the fundamental frequencies of music notes when looking at various plots where the X axis is frequency. For example, as an alternate to "Show frequency bands".

serko70

More  
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
Hi John,

I am using an old Minidsp 2x4 Balanced which had no problems with biquad REW filters before. Only 96Hz plugin equalizer version has 5 equalizers like my Minidsp but I tried every other one. Using Mini DSP 2x4 HD and using first 5 bands shifts 1 band in Minidsp so first band comes with no EQ. But the problem is bigger: Even when I manually change REW generated .txt file and enter correct biquads to Minidsp, the overall EQ shape do not match (photos and .mdat attached). Above 50Hz filters seem to be missing. I might be doing something very stupid but I did this for years with this unit or there might be a bug with biquad calculations in the new EQ filters.

Attachments

• John.mdat
    171.2 KB · Views: 22
  • EQ FIlters.jpg
    EQ FIlters.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Biquads.jpeg
    Biquads.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 21
  • Sub1black.txt
    658 bytes · Views: 14

John Mulcahy

REW Author
As far as I recall the 2x4 is a 48 kHz device, so you shouldn't use a 96 kHz equaliser selection for it, the coefficients will be wrong if you do that.

serko70

More  
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
I got the following error while doing this:

REW V5.20.14 running Azul Systems, Inc. JRE 1.8.0_352 64-bit on Windows 10 Locale: language en, keyboard GB, windows-1252 at 96 DPI

Stack Trace:
roomeqwizard.MeasData.minMax(y:6374)
roomeqwizard.MeasData.gdMinMax(y:5478)
roomeqwizard.MeasData.minGDMinMax(y:5008)
roomeqwizard.pI.C(y:3800)
roomeqwizard.pI.A(y:1389)
roomeqwizard.pI.R(y:1257)
roomeqwizard.pI.A(y:2537)
roomeqwizard.pI.A(y:1232)
roomeqwizard.pI.paintComponent(y:3034)
javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1056)
roomeqwizard.aB.paint(y:2131)
javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5210)
javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(RepaintManager.java:1579)
javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1502)
javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1272)
javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5158)
javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4969)
javax.swing.JLayer.paintImmediately(JLayer.java:415)
javax.swing.plaf.LayerUI.paintImmediately(LayerUI.java:717)
javax.swing.JLayer.paintImmediately(JLayer.java:410)
javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4950)
javax.swing.JLayer.paintImmediately(JLayer.java:415)
javax.swing.plaf.LayerUI.paintImmediately(LayerUI.java:717)
javax.swing.JLayer.paintImmediately(JLayer.java:410)
javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4950)
javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:831)
javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:814)
javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:814)
javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:789)
javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:738)
javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(RepaintManager.java:64)
javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(RepaintManager.java:1732)
java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)

Attachments

• John.mdat
    576.2 KB · Views: 14

serko70

More  
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
another java exception error during:

REW V5.20.14 running Azul Systems, Inc. JRE 1.8.0_352 64-bit on Windows 10 Locale: language en, keyboard GB, windows-1252 at 96 DPI

Stack Trace:
roomeqwizard.QD.Ƌ(y:3221)
roomeqwizard.Z.F(y:584)
roomeqwizard.dJ.A(y:690)
roomeqwizard.QD.intervalRemoved(y:2607)
roomeqwizard.Z.intervalRemoved(y:494)
javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireIntervalRemoved(AbstractListModel.java:179)
roomeqwizard.yC.M(y:3510)
roomeqwizard._H.A(y:732)
roomeqwizard.CE$59.actionPerformed(y:2058)
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:262)
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)
java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6539)
javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6304)
java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2239)
java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4904)
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4535)
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4476)
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2283)
java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)

serko70

More  
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
DAC
Oppo 205
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
another java exception error during:

View attachment 57042

Stack Trace:
roomeqwizard.QD.Ƌ(y:3221)
roomeqwizard.Z.F(y:584)
roomeqwizard.dJ.A(y:690)
roomeqwizard.QD.intervalRemoved(y:2607)
roomeqwizard.Z.intervalRemoved(y:494)
javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireIntervalRemoved(AbstractListModel.java:179)
roomeqwizard.yC.M(y:3510)
roomeqwizard._H.A(y:732)
roomeqwizard.CE$59.actionPerformed(y:2058)
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:262)
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)
java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6539)
javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6304)
java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2239)
java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4904)
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4535)
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4476)
java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2283)
java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)
Throws that error when there will not be any other measurement left!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Another couple of updates for the early access build, links in the first post have been updated.

Added an equaliser entry for the CamillaDSP IIR filters. Filter settings can be saved to and loaded from YAML files, the format used by CamillaDSP for its configuration files. The data to import must include the "filters:" tag at the start of the file. A range of single and multiple biquad filters are supported.

There is an additional timing reference option for measuring from file, a wired timing reference. When using the acoustic timing reference REW listens for the timing signal on the measurement input, where it will be picked up by the mic. That may not be suitable when measuring with direct connections to the outputs of a system that requires file playback as the timing reference must always be on the output being measured. In those cases the wired option allows a different input channel to be assigned for the timing signal, separating timing detection from measurement.

View attachment 57041

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom