Sound card & microphone fixes

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Getting valid measurements is the biggest challenge for us who support new users. Usually we find a way, but we struggle to keep up with what works with which gear.

If you had problems getting a good measurement and found a solution, please share.

whoareyou

My AV System  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
Exasound + UMik1 -
ASIO is only option for Exasound DAC
UMik1 WASAPI driver does not work with this combo. AL accepts the Exasound ASIO / UMik1 WASAPI combination and measurements seem ok, but timings are consistently out of whack.

For my configuration, only thing that works is direct mode for UMIK1. I always disable WASAPI.
This provides consistent results.

2234rew

My DAC is actually my old Denon AVR 4520. I run it in "Pure Direct" model using it as 8 channel DAC and 8 channel amp - with a remote control for volume.

It is 2 x DIY 3-way speakers plus 2 subs.

Audiolense handling digital crossover and speaker/room correction.

AVR on Windows can be a nightmare with getting channel mapping to work correctly with Audiolense

I use a Focusrite Solo 3rd Gen + Earthworks M23 mic, so I use ASIO4ALL for measurements

With previous Audiolense 6.17 I used the clock drift compensation without problems.

But with recent AL 6.19 update (and ASIO4ALL update to 2.15) I was getting a 0.7 second delay on my right side drivers and sub.

Measurements looked fine by I lost my phantom center completely. Sound was coming from left and right speakers only. I repeated measurements multiple times and even rolled back ASIO4ALL version.

So finally i disabled clock drift compensation this time and now left and right were under 0.1s difference and phantom center returned.

I lost a couple days trying to solve why the sq was negatively affected, but now am very happy with how it all sounds.

If using a pro audio multichannel interface (Mic input and DAC outputs) and it's ASIO driver you won have any of these issues,

But using an AVR like this is cool - all in 1 box and remote control for volume.

The Denon volume control is actually analogue (IC), even thought it shows volume on digital display

Top Bottom