REW Beta Release REW API beta releases

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon x6500h
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000
Are there any options to display acoustic timing reference on measurement like the old way? I find it a hinderance having to right click to see reference timing information. I'd like to choose what information I see. Is this actually possible now? I only just switched to the new layout, and maybe what I want is already available. If there's an option to configure, that would be great.

sam_adams

@John Mulcahy, NPE when removing multiple measurements via right-click > Remove selected measurements:

REW V5.40 Beta 24 running Azul Systems, Inc. JRE 1.8.0_402 64-bit on OS X 10.15.7 Locale: language en, keyboard US, UTF-8 at 93 DPI Running in /Applications/REW Message: java.lang.NullPointerException Stack Trace: roomeqwizard.MeasData.findMinMax(y:7140) roomeqwizard.WJ$_B.A(y:3486) roomeqwizard.WJ.A(y:817) roomeqwizard.WJ.A(y:2409) roomeqwizard.WJ$3.run(y:2793) java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311) java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758) java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97) java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709) java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703) java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74) java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728) java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205) java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116) java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105) java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101) java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93) java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Are there any options to display acoustic timing reference on measurement like the old way?
Notes are shown in a tooltip by just putting the mouse over the measurement, as long as the View preferences are properly configured:

1713131417386.png

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Denon x6500h
Panasonic UB9000
Notes are shown in a tooltip by just putting the mouse over the measurement, as long as the View preferences are properly configured:

Thank you John.
1. Is it possible to hold tooltips indefinitely while mouseover? Tooltip timing only appears to be 5 seconds long.
2. Also, is there a way to show reference timing information with out having to mouseover? Like the old display? It's still an inconvenience to mouseover.
3. I would like an option to show reference timing information on measurements like the old display, While the new look is clean, I think some, like me, like to work with information right at your fingertips. Onscreen, rather than hidden. I like the changes, but I'd also love an option to configure the display to a users liking.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Builds updated today (beta 25) with these changes:
  • Added: Toolbar icon for trace arithmetic
  • Added: View preferences has a "Use large icons" option in the Graph section to facilitate touch screen use
  • Added: The alignment tool API has an alignment-tool/result endpoint to read the result of the alignment
  • Changed: Left press and hold to move graph is only active when using large graph icons
  • Changed: The IACC calculation window is called up from the Tools menu
  • Changed: Right clicking on the measurement name brings up a text field to edit the name rather than the full right click menu
  • Changed: Trace arithmetic division uses a maximum gain figure instead of a regularisation figure
  • Changed: Gain limiting for trace arithmetic division and inversion can be disabled by deselecting the Max gain checkbox
  • Changed: SPL log includes the rolling Leq figure in the Leq trace name and file header if rolling is selected
  • Changed: Tolerance for showing graph right click menu after pan increased to 4 pixels, left click hold time for pan reduced to 500 ms
  • Changed: For division with frequency limits the target outside the limits is unity gain and zero phase when using gain limiting
  • Changed: Overlay selectors and graphs show the measurement index

Lowclock

Builds updated today (beta 25) with these changes:
  • Changed: Tolerance for showing graph right click menu after pan increased to 4 pixels, left click hold time for pan reduced to 500 ms
The new right click tolerance works much better with a crappy touchpad, but I did notice the tooltip in the preferences menu still says 2 pixels.

Holding left click to pan seems to not work anymore, though. Maybe it's accidentally 500s instead of 500ms? E: Oops, I missed the new large icons only rule.

I love the new tool buttons, and not having trace arithmetic tied to All SPL anymore! Thanks!

Last edited:

carl second

Registered
In the GD view, when any kind of smoothing is applied the 'excess GD' curve kind of looks wrong even after re-clicking 'generate minimum phase':

1713290520149.png

1713290524670.png

Cristianolo

Another request: add a frequency counter on Measurement Window (like on Generator) and a simplified version of Levels barrs

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Builds updated today (beta 26) with these changes:
  • Added: Measurement panel shows delay time if the measurement was made with a timing reference
  • Added: The /measurements/:id/command endpoint accepts Invert
  • Added: The API MeasurementSummary shows whether the measurement has been inverted
  • Added: The alignment tool API result includes the indices of the measurements aligned
  • Fixed: Group delay smoothing was not working correctly

Lowclock

In beta 26 the minimum and excess group delay traces don't show up after hitting generate minimum phase until after you change the current smoothing, unless the measurement had no smoothing to begin with.

Last edited:

sm52

John Mulcahy,​

In the alignment tool, when the impulse time changes, the phase graph of one of the speakers (the second) changes (shifts) incorrectly. If you decrease the time, the phase shifts in one direction; if you then increase it, it shifts even further in the same direction.
And two requests. On the All SPL tab below, under the graphs, when you remove the bird, the name (and the graph) immediately disappears. To turn it back on, you need to move up to the left to the list, find the turned off measurement, and turn it on. It is very uncomfortable. Please return it as before. That is, when the bird is removed, the graph disappears, but its name below does not disappear. So that you can easily turn it on and off. Or add a line with a bird on the View tab so that one of the rules applies, as before or as now.
Second request. When you hover the pointer over one of the measurements on the left in the list, in any window, make the full name of the graph appear. And if the graph was obtained as a result of arithmetic, then information about how it turned out.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Builds updated today (beta 27) with these changes:
  • Fixed: Alignment tool was not operating correctly
  • Fixed: Min and excess group delay traces were not activated when min phase was generated
  • Fixed: Selecting some check boxes caused UI issues

John Mulcahy

REW Author
On the All SPL tab below, under the graphs, when you remove the bird, the name (and the graph) immediately disappears.
I can change that in the next build.

When you hover the pointer over one of the measurements on the left in the list, in any window, make the full name of the graph appear. And if the graph was obtained as a result of arithmetic, then information about how it turned out.
Notes appear in a tooltip if the options for that are configured to allow it:

1713645871065.png

sm52

I can change that in the next build.
This is good.
Notes appear in a tooltip if the options for that are configured to allow it:
I tried turning them on, but they didn't appear on hover, so I decided they weren't appearing at all. But it turned out that in one mdat file there are no notes at all, but in the other there are some. Is it because during measurements in the first file the display of notes was disabled?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
No, it will be because the measurements didn't automatically generate any notes and you didn't add any. I've made a change for the next build to show the name even if there aren't any notes.

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Denon x6500h
Panasonic UB9000
A little while ago, some more support was given to more Mini-DSP products like C-DSP, Nano, and the Flex. I just upgraded to a SHD, what's the best one to choose for a sub calibration using Mini-DSP SHD?

Top Bottom