Negatron II

Discussion in 'Listening Room / Home Theater Build Projects' started by Negatron, May 15, 2017.

1. j.man1503

j.man1503 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's nicely coming along.

Negatron likes this.
  2. Negatron

Negatron Moderator
    Staff Member VIP Supporter

Thanks... I hope I can get the audio done soon, as next year will be the projector, and AVP. I hope I can get is all done next year.

3. Negatron

Negatron Moderator

20190406_214321.jpg Today I got my Dune setup working with MyMovies database software, and I have to say it is just what I needed to get my catalog looking like I wanted. One thing I learned while trying to get this to work is that when you setup MyMovies for Dune...import your movies as "Disc" not "Movies". Now when I select MyMovies it lists all my movies, and when I select a movie...it will show a background shot, movie cover, synopsis, Director, Actors, stream format, rez, aspect, FPS, surround modes, rating, runtime, and genre.. If you want to play that movie you can hit play or hit enter in the remote...this then will either start to play the movie or open another screen which shows what discs you ripped for the movie. If you want to watch the movie you select it, if you want to watch the bonus disc select it (This will work for whatever movies or bonus discs you ripped for this movie). Now to setup my 2nd Dune to do the same thing should be a snap since I know how to do it my way.

#153 Negatron, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  4. Drtyrttnscndrl

Drtyrttnscndrl New Member

5. Drtyrttnscndrl

Drtyrttnscndrl New Member

Hi can you tell me which are the best HDD to buy to work with your Dune Pro 4K plus? I’ve seen a few posts where some are not compatible.

Thank you

Doug

Negatron likes this.
  6. Negatron

Negatron Moderator

I am not sure what HDDs are best.. I do know you need a cool running one as the one drive bay does not have any cooling. I would go for a NAS HDD. I have my setup currently running off of the NAS, and I have a SSD hooked up to the USB port.

7. Negatron

Negatron Moderator

Still waiting on my Bluray cabinet, and bass trap frames.. Hopefully i will get them soon. I think i will find another carpenter for my other projects. I did find a furniture maker that has a CNC for wood though! I will hit him up once i get ready to make the speaker cabinets. CNC should mean all the pieces will fit properly, and be square too!!.

8. ddude003

ddude003 Senior Member

Somewhere Northeast of Kansas City Missouri
    Hi Guys... I have always had good luck with Western Digital Black Performance SATA III HDDs as stand alone or in RAID configurations... And Samsung EVO SSDs as SATA III or the NVMe M.2 configurations...

9. Negatron

Negatron Moderator

I run 2 Dune HD boxes for movie streaming from my 30TB UnRaid NAS. I have a Samsung EVO SSDs on 2 of my mini C boxes.