Negatron II

Discussion in 'Listening Room / Home Theater Build Projects' started by Negatron, May 15, 2017.

1. Negatron

Negatron Senior Member
    VIP Supporter

I just ordered 2 13'high x 12' wide sound stage curtains for the front wall. I will have them trimmed down to around 10' high, and then I am ordering an electric curtain rail for them. The curtains are a black/grey, and are used, but they should do the job for me if they are like the theater curtains I have had in the past. These curtains are also chain weighted, so they should stay straight to the floorfor good light blocking. This should also help my acoustics since they are heavy curtains.

2. Todd Anderson

Todd Anderson News Editor / Reviewer/ Senior Admin
    Staff Member

Great looking rack you have there!

3. Todd Anderson

Todd Anderson News Editor / Reviewer/ Senior Admin
    Staff Member

Can you share some pics of that? Sounds awesome!

Negatron likes this.
  4. Negatron

Negatron Senior Member
    VIP Supporter

I will take pics once I get them modified, and installed. First thing I want to do as soon as we get back from vacation is get the bass bins, and amp cases made. Then I hope to order the MINIDSP DDRC88M, but I will try and get the curtains, and my French cleats, and height channels installed before the MiniDSP DDRC88m arrives. Early next year I plan on ordering a bunch of Roxul for my wall treatments, and then start on the Synergy k402 horn copies.
    I will keep posting updates, and pics (when I get far enough along).

5. Negatron

Negatron Senior Member
    VIP Supporter

Just ordered another 100' of Monoprice 12gauge 2 conductor white sheathed speaker cable for my height channels (I also wanted about 20' of 4 conductor, but the smallest amount you can buy is 100'). I prefer the white as it blends perfectly with out or walls. I will use some 3M double sided tape that I have left over from running my flat cat6 cable. The tape is awesome, And is also white so my cables, and tape all blend perfectly (I purchased the 1" wide version)! I even used a couple of strips to hold my Dolby, and DTS pictures to the wall...they are so solid it feels like I used costruction adheasive!