Negatron II

Negatron

Staff member
VIP Supporter
Today the wood pieces for the prototype were cut...tomorrow the portholes will be cut, and some pieces will be glued. We are still waiting on the veneer so all cannot be glued until the pieces we are veneering are veneered. Piece will be vacuum veneered. Once we have one veneered, I will start bringing them home (as they are completed), and start to assemble.

Last edited:

Negatron

Staff member
VIP Supporter
Update... we have all the port holes cut in all 4 horns. We have one prototype all setup and ready to glue, after we make 3 more duplicates of the cut MDF. Today I received 6 sheets of veneer, and next week hopefully we will have the glue in so we can veneer the fronts of each speaker, and then veneer one cabinet assembly. Once I have a sample of each in the house we can start installing the drivers, and tuning the individual speakers to see which one I like the most.

Negatron

Staff member
VIP Supporter
Progress pics... All 4 horns have been drilled for the woofer port slots, and we have a stack of MDF to assemble the 1 1/2" thick motherboard for the horn to slide into.
20200220_141244.jpg
20200220_141049.jpg
20200220_141057.jpg

Top Bottom