THX Unveils New THX Interconnect Cables Ahead of CEDIA 2023, Relaunches THX Certified Training Sessions

full?d=1693492456.png

(August 31, 2023)
THX Ltd. has announced an in-house HDMI cable line called THX Interconnect, designed in partnership with Pixelgen. Optimized to cover the HDMI 2.1b protocol spectrum and capable of delivering uncompressed 48Gbps signaling for source material up to 8K 60Hz, THX Interconnects are built to handle the latest audio and video demands.

According to Jason Fiber, chief executive officer of THX Ltd., “The THX mission is to empower high-fidelity entertainment, regardless of where and how consumers want to enjoy movies, music and games. The THX Interconnect cables ensure all home theater components work in harmony at the highest resolutions, regardless of the length. We are pleased to bring home theater enthusiasts around the globe this cost-effective and incredibly reliable new solution. We also look forward to reintroducing the THX Certified Training program which has been dormant for a few years but is back due to overwhelming demand from the home theater installation industry.”

THX says the cable lineup comprises nine different lengths, some of which are equipped with Pixelgen’s PXLGLASS Hybrid Fiber/Copper technology. That added technology allows the cables to maintain the smallest cable diameter possible – regardless of length – with a minimal static bend radius, making installation and management easy and effective.

“The weakest home theater cabling link has the potential to bring down an entire system, and the end users viewing experience with it,” said Jack MacDougall, founder and chief executive officer of Pixelgen. “THX Interconnect cables have been tailored to give everyone optimal system stability, total HDMI 2.1 functionality, and the maximum 48G bandwidth passing through their system.”

THX Interconnect Ultra High-Speed HDMI cables support the maximum 8-10K resolutions at 60 frames per second, and include:
  • THX Interconnect (Copper) short-range cable for six sizes: 0.5m (1.64 ft), 1m (3.28 ft), 1.5m (4.92 ft), 2m (6.56 ft), 3m (9.84 ft), and 5m (16.4 ft)
  • THX Interconnect (Copper + Optical Fiber with embedded PXLGLASSTechnology) long-range cable for three sizes: 7.6m (24.9 ft), 10m (32.8 ft), and 15m (49.2 ft).
Pricing ranges from USD $39.99 to $399.99, with shipping expected to begin in late fall 2023. To preorder, click here.

In other THX news, the company is relaunching its popular THX Certified Training series for home theater installers, distributors, and enthusiasts. The first THX Level One trainings are expected to be held at CES in January and future CEDIA/ISE Expos. Trainings will be led by industry luminary Gerry Lemay, who is the founder of the Home Acoustics Alliance (HAA) and president of Quest Acoustical Interiors. Gerry has taught hundreds of key CEDIA industry courses over the years. This year's CEDIA session titled “THX: A Brief History and Way Forward” will be on September 6th from 8AM to noon PM Mountain Time in Mile High Ballroom 3B at the Colorado Convention Center. To sign up and for further details, please visit CEDIA Expo here.

Related Reading:

Last edited:

PixelgenJack

Thanks for the great writeup Todd!

....Happy to answer any THX Interconnect questions! Fire away.

-Jack

PIXELGEN | Founder & CEO

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Hey there, Jack! Congrats on the partnership. Is this a product that Pixelgen is manufacturing, but branded by THX?

PixelgenJack

Hi Todd! Thanks for the well-wishes. I've been through many white labeling exercises to varying levels of success in the past...however, this is one of those perfect collaborations where the two companies worked together from the ground up on this line (not very commonplace in this industry). I feel like at times I was a THX employee and I'm sure at times the reverse felt true also. So, with every step taken, I can say with conviction, that this is truly a THX/Pixelgen engineering collaboration. Of course, there are Pixelgen ideas and expertise that needed to be a big part of a line like this, promoting all of the areas of our high-speed signal integrity background and refined manufacturing processes (as I've been the one to see the failures in action since 2007!)... however, in the end, it was all about the perfect engineering balance throughout our design implementation phase to deliver THX Interconnect.

I think what we've achieved here is the best possible (and most accessible) HDMI interconnect line on the planet! I'm Canadian, and that last line was hard to type out, but I truly believe in the statement. Each length has been thought out thoroughly to maximize robustness/reliability/interop (and compliance!) while maintaining thinness, flexibility, and all-around usability. There are many factors to achieve this in the right way because as you know, we could have just made REALLY thick garden hose cabling and avoided all the engineering precision. Also, of course, we know the limits of (practical/thin) copper transmission and when it needs to crossover to the optical implementation (5m+).

As you can tell, I'm quite passionate about HDMI and extension techniques (for some odd reason). This project is my Stanley Cup and we're excited to help the industry and solve as many problems as we can out there...that's what it's always been for me (I fell short of hoisting it myself, so THX Interconnect will have to do :).

Our collective goal, between THX and Pixelgen, is to redefine how HDMI is sourced/purchased, and installed. Whether it's the consumer, enthusiast, DIYer, CI integrator, or installer, we want there to be a simple and accessible solution for all use cases in any application. No more multi-tiers of the same length, no more "Professional" cabling, and no more marketing gimmicks...because with my Engineering background, I do not have it in me to say anything from a technical perspective, that isn't based on...you know...science.

Thanks again for the helping spread the good word!

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
I look forward to seeing these next week... and some samples should be on their way to be featured on HDMI TEST BENCH. Jack, you don't know this yet, but you and Steve Martz are going to make an appearance on AV NIRVANA Live after CEDIA to talk about the new cables and HDMI. :nerd:

Thanks for sharing some details on the development phase – It's neat to know that they're a ground-up product!

PixelgenJack

Steve and I will be ready! The dynamic between Steve and I is pretty *special (*he called me on the road while I was standing in a Tim Horton's lineup to tell me we were about to jump on a live stream RIGHT NOW!...then silence...then laughter...then asks a professional question). Payback is gonna be something else! ;)

Looking forward to it!

Top Bottom