t=0 offset does not accept manual input value

pelanj

Registered
It will only accept a value while using the slider. This is the latest version on Windows 10 64bit.

Is there any reason for this or is it a bug?

pelanj

Registered
I tried e.g. -2,8125 - maybe it is due to the locale settings? My windows use decimal comma instead of a dot.

I write in the number, select apply and nothing happens - the offset is not added. If I set the number by the slider and press apply, it will apply the value. It did the same in the previous version, that is why I upgraded.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you use a dot as the decimal delimiter in the value you type it will be accepted. I'll fix that in the next build.

sm52

John Mulcahy
there is one more place when the dot as a separator works, but the comma does not. It seems to be in the impedance measurement window when entering the value of the reference resistance, Rsense and Rref. You must enter with a dot, and the entered value is displayed with a comma. It's confusing.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
there is one more place when the dot as a separator works, but the comma does not. It seems to be in the impedance measurement window when entering the value of the reference resistance, Rsense and Rref. You must enter with a dot, and the entered value is displayed with a comma. It's confusing.
Yes, I also changed that when I changed the slider field. Difficult for me to know about such issues if they don't get reported.

sm52

There is one more wish. In many places, hovering over the name of a measurement or the name of a displayed curve (graph) will bring up a help box or a window with other information. If the cursor is not on the box with a bird, but on the title, the window that appears will deselect the desired graph. You need to move the cursor to the box with the bird in order to select the graph again.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The box that appears is called a tooltip. I don't understand what you mean about deselecting the graph though, perhaps screen captures would help explain.

sm52

If I have selected multiple graphs to display, such as IR, Step Response, and Envelope(ETC), and hover over the name of one of them, that graph will be highlighted in bright yellow. After half a second, a prompt window will appear and the highlight of the selected graph will disappear. That is, the hint window should not deactivate the highlighting of the selected graph.

Attachments

• bandicam 2022-05-26 18-00-24-290.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Normally the tooltip will appear offset downwards from the component. If the window is at the bottom of the screen, or is maximised, it may end up over the component instead if there isn't room below. The mouse is now over the tooltip instead of the legend entry and so the highlight, which is activated when the mouse is over the legend entry, turns off, since the mouse subsystem has told REW that the mouse has left the legend entry. That is normal behaviour and not something I can change. The only practical option would be to provide a View preference to disable tooltips, but it would turn off all tooltips throughout REW.

sm52

I understand. This happens when the hint spans more than one line. Therefore, in most windows it does not interfere. Therefore, if there is no option to place a tooltip next to the cursor, and not next to the beginning of the legend name, then leave it as it is.

Top Bottom