StormAudio Barrels Forward, Officially Releasing Its ISR Fusion 20, an HDMI 2.1 Upgrade Board, and More!

full?d=1698946987.png

(November 2, 2023) Today, we have a block of StormAudio news covering several of the company's recent announcements. To kick things off, let's revisit a breakdown of the company's now-shipping ISR Fusion 20 receiver. Billed as the world's first 20-channel receiver with 16-channels of onboard amplification, the Fusion 20 is designed to deliver an experience similar to Storm's vaunted MK processors with the space-saving advantages of one box. Relying on Edge amplification technology developed by Denmark's ICE Power, the receiver can pump out 150W per channel (8 Ohms) and 500W (8 Ohms) when bridged.

The Fusion 20 has the brains to decode the latest immersive formats up to 11.1.8 (Auro-3D, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X Pro, and IMAX Enhanced) and enable post-processing to optimize any speaker to any room straight out of the box. It also carries Dirac Live's Active Room Treatment correction software, allowing superior bass control and reproduction. And if Dirac's automated processing isn't enough, owners can access up to 20 PEQs per channel.

Unlike Storms Elite MK processors, the ISR Fusion has a fixed architecture. That means physical upgradeability is primarily relegated to future HDMI releases. However, the receiver is shipping with Storm's latest HDMI 2.1 card installed at the factory, so HDMI upgrade concerns should be minimized for the time being.

Speaking of HDMI 2.1, as promised, Storm has officially unleashed its HDMI 2.1 upgrade board before year's end. We've been discussing this particular piece of hardware for the last two years, and, to the benefit of its customers, Storm has worked steadfastly with its partner (CYP) to release a solid-performing, error-free 2.1 solution. The result is a proprietary piece of hardware that offers eight inputs (seven external and one internal) and two outputs, all HDMI 2.1 / HDCP 2.3.

The board can be ordered today as an upgrade for all Storm products and will be rolled out in different product lines in the next few months.
To facilitate the implementation of its HDMI 2.1 board across all models, Storm has released a new firmware revision (V4.5r2). In addition to adding new speaker configurations, including support for 19.x.y.z layouts, V4.5r2 marries all Storm processors under the same software backbone while adding StormEasy setup to the Fusion 20's repertoire of skills.

For full details about all of the enhancements contained within V4.5r2, consult the release notes included with the revision's download pack.

Related Reading:

austinblackboxspace

Supporter
Bright Side Crew
so crazy we might be swapping out our 5-month-old Trinnov system in a couple of years for Storm just to get audio over IP in our new space. :dizzy:

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.32 AVB
Main Amp
Digital Amp Company Cherry MEGASchino MONO's
Additional Amp
Digital Amp Company Cherry Maraschino's
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
HTPC
Front Speakers
JTR Speakers Noesis 215RM
Center Channel Speaker
JTR Speakers Noesis 215RM
Surround Speakers
JTR Speakers Slant 8
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Speakers Slant 8
Front Height Speakers
JTR Speakers Slant 8
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Speakers Slant 8
Subwoofers
4 ea JTR Speakers Captivator S2's
Other Speakers or Equipment
Infinite Baffle - 8 Acoustic Elegance IB15 drivers
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-NX7
Screen
Seymour AV Retractable CenterStage XD
Just to show the upgradeability of StormAudio, I purchased a 20-channel Mk1 in 2018. I then upgraded the HDMI board to the 2.0 board (2019). I then upgraded it to AoIP (AVB) with 32 channels of digital output (2020). I then upgraded the decoder board from 20 channels to 24 channels and it become the Mk 1.5 (2020). I sold it this summer, but just upgraded the HDMI board to the new 2.1 board. So, it is now on its 3rd HDMI board and has done AoIP for almost 4 years! The current owner is using the AVB output to a 24 channel MOTU 24ao DAC.
The new HDMI 2.1 board works great with 4K@120 Hz, 10-bit, RGB which is a bandwidth of 40.09 Gbps.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Just to show the upgradeability of StormAudio, I purchased a 20-channel Mk1 in 2018. I then upgraded the HDMI board to the 2.0 board (2019). I then upgraded it to AoIP (AVB) with 32 channels of digital output (2020). I then upgraded the decoder board from 20 channels to 24 channels and it become the Mk 1.5 (2020). I sold it this summer, but just upgraded the HDMI board to the new 2.1 board. So, it is now on its 3rd HDMI board and has done AoIP for almost 4 years! The current owner is using the AVB output to a 24 channel MOTU 24ao DAC.
The new HDMI 2.1 board works great with 4K@120 Hz, 10-bit, RGB which is a bandwidth of 40.09 Gbps.

A lot of companies talk about upgradeability... not many pull it off. Especially like that!

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
so crazy we might be swapping out our 5-month-old Trinnov system in a couple of years for Storm just to get audio over IP in our new space. :dizzy:

The AV rat-race! Fun to be able to consider it, tho :rolleyes:

Top Bottom