Amphion Amp500
Front Speakers
Amphion one18
Streaming Subscriptions
Imac Pro
Hello again Dan, was wondering if i could consult with you once again:
So those boosts i have in:
92.5Hz , 117hz, 162.8Hz
Are still bugging me a bit and so i used a tone generator for these specific frequencies + my rooms fundamental mod (49hz), i also used white noise and walked around the room with a db meter.
It seems that when it comes to those 49 hz to 100hz most of the 8db to10db boosts arrive from the front and back walls + tri corners.
When it come to the 117db there is a 15db boost on the front wall and front tri corners.
And when it come to the 162.8hz most of the boost comes from front wall+ lower part of the tri corners.
My conclusion is that adding some50 deep x 50 wide x 1 meter high tri corner traps might improve my room even better and my rt 60 as well.
Also found your thread on gearslutz regarding the desk issue and tried placing some absorption on it, treid tilting it a bit but nothing worked.
Then i found a website the ,make custom seized mouse pads up to 5mm think and thought, well i need a new mouse pad so why not just cover the entire desk with that, i mean its made out of rubber...
Also thought about hanging my guitars on the back wall is it good, bad? i mean, if i hang them on deferent depths they might serve as diffusers?
What do you think?

Attachments

• New latest (less good).mdat
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

DanDan

Staff member
Hi Soj, when it comes to treatment, I have a glib phrase, meant to amuse, but also to convey what is really needed. "Whatever you have in mind, multiply it by 4, then perhaps mutuality by 4 again"
There is a facility in the REW Generator. Sines, frequency follows cursor. Click it and the Sines will precisely match your modal ridges. So prioritise, light up those 50 and 60Hz ones, find the hottest corners and treat.
All modes end up in the corners, so it is quite normal to trap corners bigly, floor to ceiling, deep traps.

Reactions: Soj

Soj

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
BAE 1073 MPF/ Apogee Element 24.
Main Amp
Amphion Amp500
Front Speakers
Amphion one18
Streaming Subscriptions
Imac Pro
Hello again Dan!
So i went with your advice and placed the larger early reflection traps on the sids instead of the short ones.
I also purchased some corner bass traps and additional normal bass traps.
I would appreciate it if you could please take a look and my rew siles pre traps, post traps, and post traps with bass trap under desk, and let me know what you think.

Still got some traps left and i wish to consult with you regarding their placement:

My rt60 is better but could be even better but im not sure how.
Is my room too dry now? (mids&highs)
Im guessing the bump in the 114hz region is because of my desk, when ever i use a tone generator to produce this frequency the top plate of my desk vibrates the most out of any other frequency, i cant seem to solve this :(
All thats left is that bump in the 180hz to 514hz ,i am guessing that is because of speaker position?

Thanks as always :)

Attachments

• New with trap under table.mdat
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • New no Trap under table.mdat
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Old before new bass traps.mdat
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

Soj

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
BAE 1073 MPF/ Apogee Element 24.
Main Amp
Amphion Amp500
Front Speakers
Amphion one18
Streaming Subscriptions
Imac Pro
Pics:

Attachments

• Front Wall.jpg
    Front Wall.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 6
  • Right Wall.jpg
    Right Wall.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Left Wall.jpg
    Left Wall.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Back Wall.jpg
    Back Wall.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Celling.jpg
    Celling.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Stands.jpg
    Stands.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Behind Desk.jpg
    Behind Desk.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 5

DanDan

Staff member
Sorry Soj, you need to ba able to tell what is better or worse using REW and your ears. Make the comparisons easy for yourself. You can open multiple measurements in the one .mdat file. But certainly open the ones you are comparing. Pro Control rooms can have up to 60% of their volume occupied by traps, and I have never been in one that did not sound 'dead'.

Top Bottom