Partial correction and target as EQ

Dali_20

Hello everyone,
I cannot understand what the "Use Target as EQ" option should do in partial correction mode.
Whether it is activated or deactivated, the corrected response curve has the shape of the original measurement beyond the correction threshold.
Also, the correction filter always looks as a straight and tilted line beyond that threshold.
Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Last edited:

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Try a partial from e.g. 1 kHz and do something with the target above … and post a chart here … and we’ll see.

Dali_20

partial.png

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
The target clearly works as an eq above 1kHz here. See how the correction traces the target above 1kHz.

Dali_20

Ok, then that's what that option does. I thought it would create an inverse with IIR or something like that.
I got it.

Dali_20

@juicehifi

I see that there is the possibility of disabling TTD but not room correction.
Is there a way to align IR and phase only of the drivers at sweet spot without applying room correction?

I would like to experiment a little with other correction systems that work on large area (MSO/ Dirac ART) but I cannot find a way to get only digital crossover/alignment of drivers on Audiolense.

Maybe trivially putting the window to 0 or limiting correction to 10hz, leaving TTD full range?

I know it's a bit unconventional use case...

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
The sum of the crossover is correct, but the sum of crossover plus speaker is what it is.

Top Bottom