Has Anyone Tried HD Fury to Add DV to an HDR10 Display?

Witchdoctor

Hey Mechman, thanks for taking one for the team! I plan on getting the Vertex and look forward to your setup instructions. Thanks. If you can post a pic that would be great.

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Pioneer VSX-832
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo UDP-205
Front Speakers
Definitive Technology Studio Monitor 55s
Center Channel Speaker
Definitive Technology CS8040
Surround Back Speakers
Definitive Technology DI6.5R
Other Speakers or Equipment
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Other Equipment
DirecTV HR54/200
There are four tabs that you have to adjust to get LLDV to work.

EDID Tab

full.png

Scaler Tab

full.png

HDR/AVI Tab

full.png

DV Tab

full.png

Some of those don't contain the full screen shot but they do contain the relevant portion that needs to be changed. One thing to keep in mind is that these are the generic projector settings. If you know your values for some of the items under the HDR/AVI tab you should enter those instead. I do know what my max and min luminance is for my projector but I kept it generic for now. I'll be testing this more as I go along.

Once you get all the values changed it is a good idea to shut down and restart everything. I had to do this like 3 or 4 times before it started working for me. A final thing to keep in mind is that when you log back into the HDFury, the values under HDR/AVI will show the default values for some reason. Don't worry about it though, just check the OSD screen to double check that your settings are still intact.

This item was an incredibly cool find! And while I can't relate to some of the claims being made, I'm told this does a much better job than the HDR Optimizer on the Panasonic UHD players. But I do not have one of those to make that judgement. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Witchdoctor!

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
My AV System  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Pioneer VSX-832
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo UDP-205
Front Speakers
Definitive Technology Studio Monitor 55s
Center Channel Speaker
Definitive Technology CS8040
Surround Back Speakers
Definitive Technology DI6.5R
Other Speakers or Equipment
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Other Equipment
DirecTV HR54/200
I should add that these settings are what I used when putting the Diva in between my Pioneer VSX-LX302 and my Epson 5050 pj. You could also set it all up with all the sources to the Diva and then from the Diva to the receiver if you'd like.

Witchdoctor

I think I'll send sources to the Vertex and then use the audio out to my processor and the video out to the PJ. My processor can't pass a 4K signal because it has the older HDMI standard. It was highly annoying that we seemed to be on an HDMI merry go round that required a new processor every 3 years. This seems to be a better solution.

Top Bottom