Graphics problems

ClaesPersson

Hi there !
I am new to this and just tried to use the program .
But i run in to problems with the grafiks !! I think !
And im not a computter wizard .
Have any of you seen this or have an ide ?

Best Regards
Claes

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.PNG
    Skärmklipp.PNG
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,052

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Typically a video driver issue, but the interactions between Java and the video driver are sometimes not easily resolved. If the video driver is up to date you can try disabling hardware graphics acceleration for Java in REW by putting

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

in the roomeqwizard.vmoptions file in the REW program directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\REW, but you can check where REW runs from by right clicking on ther shortcut that starts REW and selecting Properties, the directory is shown in the "Start In" box).

Editing that file requires admin privileges, you may need to copy the file to your documents folder, edit it there, then copy the file back to the program directory and accept the admin confirmation when requested. It is a text file so can be edited in Notepad (right click on the file, select Open with, click More Apps and select Notepad from the list).

Edit: As of V5.20 beta 40 there is an installer option to disable hardware graphics acceleration, removing the need to manually edit the .vmoptions file.

On Linux if the waterfall is not drawn properly select the OpenGL option in the installer, see this thread for details.

Last edited:

Firionus

Typically a video driver issue, but the interactions between Java and the video driver are sometimes not easily resolved. If the video driver is up to date you can try disabling hardware graphics acceleration for Java in REW by putting

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

in the roomeqwizard.vmoptions file in the REW program directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\REW, but you can check where REW runs from by right clicking on ther shortcut that starts REW and selecting Properties, the directory is shown in the "Start In" box).

Editing that file requires admin privileges, you may need to copy the file to your documents folder, edit it there, then copy the file back to the program directory and accept the admin confirmation when requested. It is a text file so can be edited in Notepad (right click on the file, select Open with, click More Apps and select Notepad from the list).

This fixed the error for me.
I use REW once every few months, but this error just started appearing today in 5.18 and 5.19 beta 11. I have an Nvidia GTX 560 Ti and am running the driver 391.35.
If I can help you with other data to solve this bug please ask.

Yuriycezar

Registered

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

Good afternoon! Please tell me where to insert your record? -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

upload_2019-2-10_9-35-9.png

Yuriycezar

Registered
Just underneath the -Xmx1024m line.
Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, the problem remained. Hardware acceleration for Java also failed to disable. Maybe with the next update, the problem will disappear by itself. By the way, the problem with graphics does not exist with all types of equalizer, but only with certain ones. Maybe this will give you useful information for further work. Thanks again.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, the problem remained. Hardware acceleration for Java also failed to disable. Maybe with the next update, the problem will disappear by itself. By the way, the problem with graphics does not exist with all types of equalizer, but only with certain ones. Maybe this will give you useful information for further work. Thanks again.
The problem you were seeing was not related to graphics acceleration.

Nebulator

I had the issue too, tried the 32-bit and 64-bit and the latest beta (v5.20 B6) but the problem remained. My laptop has a Nvidia GTX 1070 (full version, no mobile) and I had driver version 417.35 installed. Mind you the system has just been reinstalled (its clean) and the drivers come from Microsoft Update. This is known to have issues for some people.

I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia site (do not install yet), and I used DDU (Display Driver Cleaner, download it from Guru3D only, its their tool), followed their procedure to boot in safe mode and used the tool to uninstall the driver. Rebooted, and isntalled the new drivers downloaded from Nvidia. Reboot once more and the problem is solved.

Edit:
Sorry I spoke too soon, its back. I'll try the parameter suggested above.

Last edited:

Nebulator

I edited the file and the problem is not gone. It happens after moving over some of the buttons on top, and then its just as if the graph sticks to the mouse and moves along with it. Minimizing or resizing the window temporarily resets the window.

Is there anything else you can suggest to try?

Thanks!

Yuriycezar

Registered
After updating the program to version 5.20 v6, the problem disappeared. Thanks to the developer for a quick fix.

Nebulator

I've completely deinstalled the Nvidia driver and am now set with the default MS loads (there is no nvidia control panel or icon in the notification area anymore). REW seems to work but other apps have graphics glitches.

DELAMOTTE

France, Calvados, Saint-André sur Orne 14320
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Ampli A/V ARCAM AVR 390
Main Amp
ARCAM
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
PANASONIC
Front Speakers
ABSCISSE JMR
Center Channel Speaker
DIY
Surround Speakers
Focal
Surround Back Speakers
Focal
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000
Screen
Panasonic
J'avais le même problème d'affichage (les graphes se superposés dans tous les sens) le problème vient des paramètres de la carte graphique qu'ils faut remettre à leurs valeurs initial. Pour moi cela à tout réglé

NeilBlanchard

Registered
More  
Audible Illusions Modulus 2C
Main Amp
Schiit Audio Vidar
Front Speakers
Linaeum LT1000
I am running V5.20 beta 52 and many of the dialogs are jumping all around as I pass my mouse over it. The EQ section is particularly squirrelly. I tried the -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false edit, but little changed.

I have a brand new Geforce RTX 2070 Super video card, in a machine also with a recent motherboard CPU RAM upgrade. I just looked up the video driver - it is GeForce 445.87

I am hoping to apply EQ to the woofer and tweeter in my Linaeum LT1000 speakers. I am using the miniDSP 2x4HD and just changing the crossover point from 485Hz (no that is not a typo!) to 800Hz has vastly improved the speakers.

If I can get REW to work better, on the EQ, then I will be a happy camper. I did just make a donation through Pay Pal - I am amazed that this software even exists, let alone all the things it can do. I am a long time audiophile, and just got started with active crossovers.

DELAMOTTE

More  
Ampli A/V ARCAM AVR 390
Main Amp
ARCAM
PANASONIC
Front Speakers
ABSCISSE JMR
Center Channel Speaker
DIY
Surround Speakers
Focal
Surround Back Speakers
Focal
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000
Screen
Panasonic
REW doit être réinstallé et ne pas sélectionner "accélération matérielle" pour la carte graphique

John Mulcahy

REW Author
As noted above, the installer has an option to disable graphics acceleration nowadays. Best check the roomeqwizard.vmoptions file to make sure there aren't two entries for the sun.java2d.d3d property.

NeilBlanchard

Registered
More  
Audible Illusions Modulus 2C
Main Amp
Schiit Audio Vidar
Front Speakers
Linaeum LT1000
I am running V5.20 beta 52 and many of the dialogs are jumping all around as I pass my mouse over it. The EQ section is particularly squirrelly. I tried the -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false edit, but little changed.

I have a brand new Geforce RTX 2070 Super video card, in a machine also with a recent motherboard CPU RAM upgrade. I just looked up the video driver - it is GeForce 445.87

I am hoping to apply EQ to the woofer and tweeter in my Linaeum LT1000 speakers. I am using the miniDSP 2x4HD and just changing the crossover point from 485Hz (no that is not a typo!) to 800Hz has vastly improved the speakers.

If I can get REW to work better, on the EQ, then I will be a happy camper. I did just make a donation through Pay Pal - I am amazed that this software even exists, let alone all the things it can do. I am a long time audiophile, and just got started with active crossovers.

This problem is only on my new computer. Another one that I actually use to measure my speakers, which is a few years old, works fine. So, I will do what I need to there.

On this new computer, I installed beta 9 and it is less problematic on the display.

mp3-p0

More  
Streaming über HTPC, EQ APO, miniDSP 2x4
Main Amp
Pioneer SC-LX57
Sony BDP-S480
Front Speakers
KEF Q700
Center Channel Speaker
KEF Q600c
Surround Speakers
KEF Q100
Subwoofers
2x SVS SB-12NSD
Other Speakers or Equipment
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, JBL LSR 305
Video Display Device
BenQ W1070, LG 55LW5590
Screen
Mimoto LW 100" 16:9
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One+
Streaming Subscriptions
Zyxel NAS326, diverse FP
Bei mir tritt das Problem auch auf, auch mit der neusten Version von REW. Aber nur auf dem TV-Gerät, das über HDMI am PC gekoppelt ist, auf meinen PC Monitoren nicht. Leider ist im Wohnzimmer, in dem die Audio Anlage steht, nur das TV-Gerät zur Anzeige. Grafikkarte ist eine GTX1050Ti, Treiber sind auf neustem Stand.
Werde den Rat oben testen, eventuell hilft es.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-24 131929.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-24 131929.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 55

DELAMOTTE

More  
Ampli A/V ARCAM AVR 390
Main Amp
ARCAM
PANASONIC
Front Speakers
ABSCISSE JMR
Center Channel Speaker
DIY
Surround Speakers
Focal
Surround Back Speakers
Focal
Subwoofers
SVS SB2000
Screen
Panasonic
REW doit être réinstallé et ne pas sélectionner "accélération matérielle" pour la carte graphique

mp3-p0

More  
Main Amp
Pioneer SC-LX57
Sony BDP-S480
Front Speakers
KEF Q700
Center Channel Speaker
KEF Q600c
Surround Speakers
KEF Q100
Subwoofers
2x SVS SB-12NSD
Video Display Device
BenQ W1070, LG 55LW5590
Screen
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One+
Streaming Subscriptions
Zyxel NAS326, diverse FP
ÖK, das werde ich als erstes mal versuchen.

mp3-p0

More  
Main Amp
Pioneer SC-LX57
Sony BDP-S480
Front Speakers
KEF Q700
Center Channel Speaker
KEF Q600c
Surround Speakers
KEF Q100
Subwoofers
2x SVS SB-12NSD
Video Display Device
BenQ W1070, LG 55LW5590
Screen
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One+
Streaming Subscriptions
Zyxel NAS326, diverse FP
Hardwarebeschleunigung deaktivieren für die Grafikkarte unter Windows 10 nicht möglich.

Der Rat oben funktioniert leider auch nicht, ich kann die Datei dort nicht abspeichern.

mp3-p0

More  
Main Amp
Pioneer SC-LX57
Sony BDP-S480
Front Speakers
KEF Q700
Center Channel Speaker
KEF Q600c
Surround Speakers
KEF Q100
Subwoofers
2x SVS SB-12NSD
Video Display Device
BenQ W1070, LG 55LW5590
Screen
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One+
Streaming Subscriptions
Zyxel NAS326, diverse FP
Hardwarebeschleunigung deaktivieren (Grafikkarte) unter Windows 10 nicht möglich.

Der Rat oben funktioniert auch nicht, ich kann -Dsun.java2d.d3d = falsch in der Datei dort nicht abspeichern.

0K, habe -Dsun.java2d.d3d = falsch nun erledigt. Habe die Berechtigungen geändert. Die Anzeige von REW funktioniert aber nicht besser.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-25 164755.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-25 164755.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

mp3-p0

More  
Main Amp
Pioneer SC-LX57
Sony BDP-S480
Front Speakers
KEF Q700
Center Channel Speaker
KEF Q600c
Surround Speakers
KEF Q100
Subwoofers
2x SVS SB-12NSD
Video Display Device
BenQ W1070, LG 55LW5590
Screen
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One+
Streaming Subscriptions
Zyxel NAS326, diverse FP
Alles wie vorher. Ich werde noch crazy. Die Anpassung über REW ist mit dieser Anzeige suboptimal. Das nervt enorm. Eigenartiger Weise stellt sich das Problem erst dann ein, wenn ein Wasserfalldiagramm generiert wird. Die Wasserfalldiagramme sind für mich aber von großem Interesse.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-25 142131.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-25 142131.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

mp3-p0

More  
Main Amp
Pioneer SC-LX57
Sony BDP-S480
Front Speakers
KEF Q700
Center Channel Speaker
KEF Q600c
Surround Speakers
KEF Q100
Subwoofers
2x SVS SB-12NSD
Video Display Device
BenQ W1070, LG 55LW5590
Screen
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One+
Streaming Subscriptions
Zyxel NAS326, diverse FP
Abwählen der Hardware Beschleunigung bei der Installation von V5.20 hat das Problem behoben.

ParaWM

Registered
More  
Denon X2200W
DAC
MiniDPS 2x4 HD
Front Speakers
Klipsch RP-260F
Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch RP-250C
Surround Speakers
Klipsch R-112SW
Subwoofers
SVS PC-2000 & PB-2000
Screen
LG C8 55inch
you can try disabling hardware graphics acceleration for Java in REW by putting

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
Quick confirm that this worked for me to 28feb2022. Had latest Nvidia drivers and was seeing big screen tearing before with hardware acceleration.

Top Bottom