Graphics problems

Discussion in 'Official REW (Room EQ Wizard) Support Forum' started by ClaesPersson, Nov 19, 2017.

1. ClaesPersson

ClaesPersson New Member

Hi there !
    I am new to this and just tried to use the program .
    But i run in to problems with the grafiks !! I think !
    And im not a computter wizard .
    Have any of you seen this or have an ide ?

Best Regards
    Claes

Attached Files:

2. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

Typically a video driver issue, but the interactions between Java and the video driver are sometimes not easily resolved. If the video driver is up to date you can try disabling hardware graphics acceleration for Java in REW by putting

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

in the roomeqwizard.vmoptions file in the REW program directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\REW, but you can check where REW runs from by right clicking on ther shortcut that starts REW and selecting Properties, the directory is shown in the "Start In" box).

Editing that file requires admin privileges, you may need to copy the file to your documents folder, edit it there, then copy the file back to the program directory and accept the admin confirmation when requested. It is a text file so can be edited in Notepad (right click on the file, select Open with, click More Apps and select Notepad from the list).

3. Firionus

Firionus New Member

This fixed the error for me.
    I use REW once every few months, but this error just started appearing today in 5.18 and 5.19 beta 11. I have an Nvidia GTX 560 Ti and am running the driver 391.35.
    If I can help you with other data to solve this bug please ask.

4. Yuriycezar

Yuriycezar New Member

Good afternoon! Please tell me where to insert your record? -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

upload_2019-2-10_9-35-9.png

5. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

Just underneath the -Xmx1024m line.

6. Yuriycezar

Yuriycezar New Member

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, the problem remained. Hardware acceleration for Java also failed to disable. Maybe with the next update, the problem will disappear by itself. By the way, the problem with graphics does not exist with all types of equalizer, but only with certain ones. Maybe this will give you useful information for further work. Thanks again.

7. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

The problem you were seeing was not related to graphics acceleration.

8. Nebulator

Nebulator New Member

I had the issue too, tried the 32-bit and 64-bit and the latest beta (v5.20 B6) but the problem remained. My laptop has a Nvidia GTX 1070 (full version, no mobile) and I had driver version 417.35 installed. Mind you the system has just been reinstalled (its clean) and the drivers come from Microsoft Update. This is known to have issues for some people.

I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia site (do not install yet), and I used DDU (Display Driver Cleaner, download it from Guru3D only, its their tool), followed their procedure to boot in safe mode and used the tool to uninstall the driver. Rebooted, and isntalled the new drivers downloaded from Nvidia. Reboot once more and the problem is solved.

Edit:
    Sorry I spoke too soon, its back. I'll try the parameter suggested above.

#8 Nebulator, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  9. Nebulator

Nebulator New Member

I edited the file and the problem is not gone. It happens after moving over some of the buttons on top, and then its just as if the graph sticks to the mouse and moves along with it. Minimizing or resizing the window temporarily resets the window.

Is there anything else you can suggest to try?

Thanks!

10. Yuriycezar

Yuriycezar New Member

After updating the program to version 5.20 v6, the problem disappeared. Thanks to the developer for a quick fix.

11. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

Well I don't know what I fixed but I'm glad it works now :)

12. Nebulator

Nebulator New Member

I've completely deinstalled the Nvidia driver and am now set with the default MS loads (there is no nvidia control panel or icon in the notification area anymore). REW seems to work but other apps have graphics glitches.