Graphics problems

Discussion in 'Official REW (Room EQ Wizard) Support Forum' started by ClaesPersson, Nov 19, 2017.

1. ClaesPersson

ClaesPersson New Member

Hi there !
    I am new to this and just tried to use the program .
    But i run in to problems with the grafiks !! I think !
    And im not a computter wizard .
    Have any of you seen this or have an ide ?

Best Regards
    Claes

Attached Files:

2. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

Typically a video driver issue, but the interactions between Java and the video driver are sometimes not easily resolved. If the video driver is up to date you can try disabling hardware graphics acceleration for Java in REW by putting

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

in the roomeqwizard.vmoptions file in the REW program directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\REW, but you can check where REW runs from by right clicking on ther shortcut that starts REW and selecting Properties, the directory is shown in the "Start In" box).

Editing that file requires admin privileges, you may need to copy the file to your documents folder, edit it there, then copy the file back to the program directory and accept the admin confirmation when requested. It is a text file so can be edited in Notepad (right click on the file, select Open with, click More Apps and select Notepad from the list).

3. Firionus

Firionus New Member

This fixed the error for me.
    I use REW once every few months, but this error just started appearing today in 5.18 and 5.19 beta 11. I have an Nvidia GTX 560 Ti and am running the driver 391.35.
    If I can help you with other data to solve this bug please ask.