Dayton UMM-6 vs. UMIK-1 comparison

ManCaveAudio

Staff member
Thanks for input
Yeah that’s right , left is the mic , some software will let you use the right because it is a monaural signal, just stuck with left for input device , but it shouldn’t matter they both work

Just make sure your not telling REW to have separate cal file for left and right , otherwise you need to load cal file on both ch..

Sounds like your getting it working nice, have you tried REW 5.2.14 , I like it a lot… you can download it on here

jonooo

Registered
Hi everyone.
I'm looking at buying a measurement mic but the Australian prices have more than doubled on the UMIK-1 which are now selling for about $220 whereas the Dayton UMM-6 is at $160 or so. Is the UMIK worth the extra cost? Or is there another alternative you guys would recommend?

P.S. I'm new here if this should be a new thread let me know and i'll correct it

goginux

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
denon 3801
Main Amp
arcam alpha 2
Additional Amp
philips fa860
Other Amp
denon 910
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
onkyo
Front Speakers
diy
Center Channel Speaker
dynaudio
Surround Speakers
dali
Surround Back Speakers
dynaudio back
Front Height Speakers
philips
Rear Height Speakers
dali
Subwoofers
dali bose
Other Speakers or Equipment
denon sansui
Video Display Device
samsung
Screen
lg
Remote Control
one for all
Streaming Equipment
android box
Streaming Subscriptions
dac usb
Satellite System
diy spaekers
Other Equipment
pioneer sacd
Hi everyone.
I'm looking at buying a measurement mic but the Australian prices have more than doubled on the UMIK-1 which are now selling for about $220 whereas the Dayton UMM-6 is at $160 or so. Is the UMIK worth the extra cost? Or is there another alternative you guys would recommend?

P.S. I'm new here if this should be a new thread let me know and i'll correct it
Buy a Dayton audio EMM-6 from CSL ready calibrated for $75, I don't know the shipping price, but the DBX RTA-M cost me $50 shipping https://www.cross-spectrum.com/measurement/calibrated_dayton.html

DanDan

Staff member
With a Cal File I would expect not much difference between one mic and another. I suspect many come from the same factory. The Dayton is advertised on this very page at USD 79.98 with a nice looking plastic case. The 10 foot USB cable is a good idea, although I would rather 15 feet. For the life of me I cannot understand why they ALL include that Tripod.......... Nobody should use that when measuring.

jonooo

Registered
Thanks for the responses.
I'm going to wait for a sale or one to pop up second hand as they all seem to be around the $75 usd mark which after shipping and conversion comes to over $200aud.

goginux

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
denon 3801
Main Amp
arcam alpha 2
Additional Amp
philips fa860
Other Amp
denon 910
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
onkyo
Front Speakers
diy
Center Channel Speaker
dynaudio
Surround Speakers
dali
Surround Back Speakers
dynaudio back
Front Height Speakers
philips
Rear Height Speakers
dali
Subwoofers
dali bose
Other Speakers or Equipment
denon sansui
Video Display Device
samsung
Screen
lg
Remote Control
one for all
Streaming Equipment
android box
Streaming Subscriptions
dac usb
Satellite System
diy spaekers
Other Equipment
pioneer sacd
With a Cal File I would expect not much difference between one mic and another. I suspect many come from the same factory. The Dayton is advertised on this very page at USD 79.98 with a nice looking plastic case. The 10 foot USB cable is a good idea, although I would rather 15 feet. For the life of me I cannot understand why they ALL include that Tripod.......... Nobody should use that when measuring.
That small tripod, which also has the UMIK-1 in the box, is good for measuring the port :))

Top Bottom