Audiolense with Double Bass Array (DBA)

John Warden

Hi

Apologies if I missed it, but I couldn't find anything using search. I was intrigued by a quote from @juicehifi in another thread about @hulkss setup:
I have seen a DBA implementation with Audiolense on the top that produced a step response that was so pure it was surreal. So there is no question that a successful MIMO implementation will improve the low frequency behavior.

Could you point me to anything on this?

Thanks

Last edited:

John Warden

Thanks @juicehifi. I've had a quick look, but the thread is 2,500 messages long, so it may take a while to track down what I'm interested in. An amazing journey this guy has been on over the past 20 years

mk1classic

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Cary Audio SLP-05, Yamaha cx-a5000, DSM-48LAN
Main Amp
4x Anaview AMS0100
Front Speakers
Barque M12mkii
Center Channel Speaker
Tannoy DC6LCR
Surround Speakers
Klipsch RP250s
Subwoofers
Velodyne SPL-1200R
Thanks @juicehifi. I've had a quick look, but the thread is 2,500 messages long, so it may take a while to track down what I'm interested in. An amazing journey this guy has been on over the past 20 years

Ref post nr: 2430560

"... I use JRiver, and I use the Audiolense filters as the only correction in JRiver. Then the filter does digital XO and room correction. And in this correction, it is now set up with mono bass (=DBA system) + middle bass and top on both sides.

But then DBA also requires some DSP. There is talk of phase reversal, delay, gain adjustment and probably also some EQ. And since there is a separate DSP module in the Itech amplifiers I use that can do just this - it is the best. Then I can use REW software and adjust the DSP on Itech. When it works as it should - I generate new filters with Audiolense - which then treats the entire DBA system as a standard stand alone woofer."

Ref post nr: 3542871

"Here, everything is actively shared via Audiolense.
0-150Hz is played by the DBA system, powered by the Crown Itech-6000.
150-500 Hz - played by the bass panel of the MG 20.7 powered by the bridge-coupled Hypex NC400.
500-3000Hz - Played midrange on MG 20.7 - powered by broplet Hypex NC400
From 3000Hz and up, it is Magnepan's treble that plays driven by an NC 400."

Edit: Looks like I'm a newbee on this site at the moment, so no ref directly to the post on Hifisentralen forum.

Top Bottom