Audiolense Convolver Question: What triggers it to mute when changing convolution files versus not?

mccarty350

Sometimes when I'm switching convolution files in audiolense convolver the file changes without muting and other times it mutes between convolution files. Is there a setting for this? How do I control this behavior? In some cases when I'm switching active speakers I would want it to mute or if I'm testing something in others I want ti to switch quickly to A/B test.

Thanks!

John

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
There is not a mute function there, but perhaps it will sound like it is muting in with a TTD correction and / or linear phase crossovers ... due to the latency.

mccarty350

It literally sets it to mute when I select a different convolver. I have to unmute it to hear any sound.

mccarty350

Correct. No other variables. I change the correction file the convolver mutes. You unmute it to play and the next time you select another convolver it mutes again. Rebooting does not change the scenario. I have not done a full uninstall or anything to that effect due to time consumption and because I don't really dislike the behavior I wanted to see if I could have control of it but it sounds more of a bug than the feature I thought it was.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
What do you mean by selecting another convolver? If you have more than one open at the same time you will get unpredictable behavior with regards to saved settings.

Ofer

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
miniDSP 4x10hd
Main Amp
Emotiva XPR200 midrange amp
Additional Amp
Crest audio 2001A bass amp, Crest audio 8002 sub
Other Amp
Rotel RA930ax twitter amp
Computer Audio
Sony Bravia android TV
DAC
RME FF400
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Marantz original 5E CD
Front Speakers
Andromeda MkII
Subwoofers
18" OEM powered subwoofer, 18" Martycube Dayton A.
Screen
Sony bravia 65XF9005
Streaming Subscriptions
Deezer HiFi
Other Equipment
HP i5 running W10, HLC convolver for Audio Lense filters
I got the same behavior in AL convolver. It mutes when changing filter file. I thought is was a procation in case you miskaenly loaded the wrong convolution file. A feature not a bug :)

mccarty350

Both foobar 2000 and jriver feeding into voicemeeter, voicemeeter feeding the convolver directly.

mccarty350

I got the same behavior in AL convolver. It mutes when changing filter file. I thought is was a procation in case you miskaenly loaded the wrong convolution file. A feature not a bug :)
Hahahah that is EXACTLY what I thought. I enjoyed the behavior but sometimes it would 'go away' and I couldn't figure out how to make it mute again. Funny that we both though the same. What player are you using?

mccarty350

What do you mean by selecting another convolver? If you have more than one open at the same time you will get unpredictable behavior with regards to saved settings.
I should say selecting another convolution file in the single instance of audiolense convolver that I have open.

mccarty350

This is consistently occurring i.e. every time I change the convolution file it mutes. Is there anything i can capture or provide to give you info on this?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
This could be a communication problem with the player. Which player are we talking about here?

mccarty350

Upon investigation anything that gets played through voicemeeter which subsequently sends audio to the audiolense virtual sound card will result in audiolense convolver muting any time you change the convolution file.

If I run Foobar 2000 and point it directly at audiolense convolver asio driver it mutes when you change the convolution file.

If I run jriver and have it point directly at the audiolense convolver it will not mute when the convolution file is changed.

So two very popular software packages out of 3 exhibit the behavior, jriver is the only one that does not.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I just tested with Foobar 2000. It does not mute here.

I was going to test with Roon and ran into a pile of problems, some of them new, some of them seen before. I probably have to reinstall everything to get it working ... perhaps another day.

mccarty350

It seems like Roon is pretty finicky to support but I have no doubt that a lot of the folks that are part of your core audience willing to pony up for Audiolense also are willing to pony up for Roon.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I have done a lot of test with Roon in the past and they communicate well with business partners such as me, but we haven't been able to sort this one out.

Top Bottom