UMIK-1 is not recognized by REW+ASIO4ALL

Chudik

Registered
Tried two computers to run REW 5.18+ASIO4ALL+UMIK-1 and got slightly different results, but both are not acceptable.
On both computers UMIK recognized right after connecting and when you say something the level bar is changing, i.e. the system can see it.

On the first AMD based computer with Win10 REW does not recognize the mic. However, when I click on No connection as an input it tells that No Connection will use UMIK-1. During the measuring nothing goes out of the mic to the REW,

In the other computer (i3 + Win 7) REW sees the UMIK-1 and immediately asks for the calibration file. However, REW sees and can work with only when it uses Java, In this case I can run the test and see a normal level of the signal. As soon as I switch to ASIO4ALL it starts to behave the same: "No connection" and luck to measure anything.
shocked.png

Did anybody meet similar effect? How could it be fixed?

Chudik

Registered
John,
Thank you very much. I've found setting that I did not noticed before.
I did not have UMIK checked in the ASIO configuration.

BTW, why the level for the mic is different for the different versions of Windows?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You'd have to ask Microsoft about the levels, the different versions of Windows treat audio device levels differently.

Jan Ott

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
RME Adi-2 Pro
Top Bottom