UMC404HD with REW

Soundtime

Registered
Hi !

I'm trying to setup REW with a Behringer UMC404HD, so far the output is working but I don't have any success with the input. I have a Superlux ecm-999 on input 1, but when I try to select the input on REW preferences menu, I always get this error :

"U192k [plughw:0,0] does not have any lines supporting PCM_SIGNED 192000.0 Hz, 24 bit, 4 channels, 12 bytes/frame, little-endian"

Is is an issue with the audio interface ? Or Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you !

jschwender

More  
Front Speakers
Nubert digital pro
Other Speakers or Equipment
Philips dss940
Got an UMC202HD here for testing. I am using Linux, and the driver works. I have seen this message too, but it disappears if i repeat selection back and forth.
The device is crab for other reason: distortion on the inputs are in the order of 3…4% for the Inst input. This is unacceptable for any use.

Soundtime

Registered
Hi, Thanks for you answer, I will try again, I didn't notice any distorsion on my device using other programs, maybe it is because of a driver issue ? Are you able to try with Asio on Windows ?

jschwender

More  
Front Speakers
Nubert digital pro
Philips dss940
No Windows (because of the driver hell...), sorry. I use Linux, the driver here is a class driver that works perfect with my asus Xonar U7. I don't know what's wrong with that UMC202HD, also noise figure is by far worse than i would expect from a 24 bit ADC. I suspect these MIDAS preamps are crab. The distortion increases with input level, is never below 0.05% and reaches 4% before clipping. That's probably why the manufacturer gives no technical data at all. I will return it.

jschwender

More  
Front Speakers
Nubert digital pro
Philips dss940
Thanks for the hint to ASIO. I managed to get 24bit/192khz with flexASIO driver type WDM-KS. The result is still different. I tested the same hardware (Xonar U7) on linux and Win10 and noticed that there are some disturbing phantom signals, but they are at different frequencies under windows and linux. As it is identical hardware it cannot be just hardware related, i think. It must be related to some programming detail in the drivers, some buffer size or so. I wish someone could recommend me a better soundcard that just works....

Attachments

• Vergleich Windows Linux.png
    Vergleich Windows Linux.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom