Target settings in AL

rdalem

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
RME Fireface UCX
Streaming Equipment
Roon
Is it the case that it is decisive for the result where you set the actual point on the target curve? I understand that it is crucial how much one corrects, but is it important where the points are?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
How high you place the target has no impact. The correction will be adjusted to max out at -1dB regardless.

rdalem

Registered
More  
RME Fireface UCX
Streaming Equipment
Roon
How high you place the target has no impact. The correction will be adjusted to max out at -1dB regardless.
I did not understand this. Can you explain further?

rdalem

Registered
More  
RME Fireface UCX
Streaming Equipment
Roon
Does this mean that the target will be adjusted based on where the measurement is located if I understand it correctly?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Not quite. The corrections are level adjusted to not attenuate the signal more than strictly neccesary. The effect is the same as what you’re thinking, though.

rdalem

Registered
More  
RME Fireface UCX
Streaming Equipment
Roon
So corrections from 0 - 1dB will have an effect depending on how much you correct, while corrections above this give -1dB?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
No.

If the most amplified point in any of the correction is, say 3 dB (e.g. correcting a broad depression around 250 Hz on front left speaker), all corrections will be attenuated by 4 dB at all frequencies.

Top Bottom