target curve gets strange transformation when imported as meassurement

teyhyrh4r

Hi, I have this target curve, which I attached.
When used as taget in preferences it is all ok,
but when imported as meassurement it gets a strange transformation. flat parts are rounded. (this is true for latest beta, and latest stable)
is this "a bug or a feature"?

(why do I need it as meassurement? I want to do an arithmetic operation with it and a headphone target)

Attachments

• rolloff-drc-44.1.txt
    77 bytes · Views: 6

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The file is very sparse. That is OK for a house curve file, which uses simple linear interpolation between points (using a log frequency axis if that option is selected) but measurement data import uses a cubic spline interpolator and, for files with more than 10 points, uses the frequency values in the file to determine whether it is log spaced and should be processed accordingly. Generate a file with more data points, using log spaced frequency values.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I have made a change for the next beta so that when importing measurement files with very sparse data (10 points or fewer) linear interpolation will be used on a log frequency axis, like a house curve import.

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
I have made a change for the next beta so that when importing measurement files with very sparse data (10 points or fewer) linear interpolation will be used on a log frequency axis, like a house curve import.

John, do you ever sleep?! Reminds me of learning to code on a Tandy Model 100. Constantly changing lines, into the early hours. Good times!

teyhyrh4r

several headphone meassurements I tried also result in a very wrong graph.
example attached

Attachments

• AKG K371.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 5

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I have added an extra check to deal with that file layout, but in the meantime change the extension to .csv and it will load correctly.

Top Bottom