Sweden’s Sudio Launches E2 Wireless Earphones with Dirac Virtuo Spatial Audio

full?d=1646933790.png

(March 9, 2022) Leave it to a name like Dirac to spike a new product launch with excitement and a sense of intrigue. Recently, Sweeden’s Sudio announced the availability of an all-new flagship true wireless stereo earphone called the E2. Beyond offering buyers access to active noise cancellation and the promise of an “immersive sound experience,” the E2 has been outfitted tech that enables Dirac’s Virtuo spatial audio solution to thrive.

The Sudio E2’s specifications look similar to what you might find from other wireless earbuds costing $130 to $150. Its offers 10mm dynamic drivers, Bluetooth, IPX4 water resistance, multi-microphone noise cancellation technology, and compatibility with multiple operating systems, including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. It also offers generous amounts of playtime per charge (up to 6.5 hours without ANC or Dirac processing engaged, 4 hours with ANC plus Dirac engaged), with the added benefit of quick charging and wireless case charging.

Its flavor enhancer comes in the form of a dual-core chipset embedded with Dirac Virtuo, an onboard solution that works regardless of playback device or media player. Dirac Virtuo employs a high-resolution binaural room impulse response technology that crafts a personal audio experience likened to a pair of premium stereo speakers positioned in front of the listener. It also uses Dirac’s patented magnitude response correction technology to remove unintended resonances or sound colorations caused by the headphones themselves. The result is an immersive audio experience flexing an accurate stereo soundstage and balanced, detailed sound.

“Sudio is all about immersive sound experiences, and we always strive to outdo ourselves. Many brands slap on an audio codec and claim the sound is better, but we believe that truly great sound needs more care and intention,” said Sudio Head of Product Tobias Alvbäck. “We share this belief with Dirac, and we appreciate their thorough, scientific, data-driven approach to actually improving sound quality rather just hoping to.”

The Sudio E2 is available in four different colors (Sand, Black, Electric Grey, and Jade) and is shipping now for $129. For more information or to place an order, visit sudio.com.

Additional Images
full?d=1646933790.jpg

full?d=1646933790.png

Last edited:

dathzo

I received mine this week. They are very well constructed, good fit in the ear and the sound is superb. They are substituting my Earfun Oluv edition that never really did the trick for me

Last edited:

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
@dathzo Very cool... how's the Dirac vs no Dirac experience?

dathzo

@dathzo Very cool... how's the Dirac vs no Dirac experience?
It's an interesting effect. The sound passes from being inside your head to be more spacious, if that makes any sense. I have been listening more and I found them a bit dark (I prefer dark to bright, BTW). Nothing that eq cannot solve.

Top Bottom