Support for Devialet equaliser

Mr Kevin Hughes

Registered
Hi,

Is it possible to add support for the equaliser Devialet recently enabled in their products?

Thanks.

Mr Kevin Hughes

Registered
This is the page with info from them on how it works.

Mr Kevin Hughes

Registered
And some more info about the filters worked out by someone else.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The post you linked says the Rephase EQ settings matches the shape, what were you after that isn't covered by that?

Mr Kevin Hughes

Registered
That's a good question, the only thing I can think off is to limit the number of filters to 9.

alandbush

Registered
The post you linked says the Rephase EQ settings matches the shape, what were you after that isn't covered by that?

Generated filters are applied to the Devialet amp by way of a configuration text file stored on a SD card. The format of this text file is unique. To convert the rePhase text file appropriately requires a certain amount of text replacement etc. Enough to easily create an error(s).

The 'clunky' method of applying this text file to the Devialet amp, via SD card, means the validity of the text file is not known until the amp is restarted. Any error requires the Devialet amp to be powered off, the SD card removed, the text file corrected, the SD card inserted and the amp powered on. Repeat cycle.

If you would kindly consider providing a new equaliser selection together with the generation of an appropriately compatible text file for the Devialet amp, I am sure this would be appreciated by Devialet owners.
I am aware that the file format may require compromises. However, anything you can do to reduce the manual editing of the file would be very useful.

Nb - the text file format is detailed in the link provided in post #2

Mr Kevin Hughes

Registered
A windows powershell script to bridge the gap between REW and what the Devialet requires is at the following link.

Top Bottom