Support for 2.5 way crossovers?

menlobob

I have active speakers I built with a 2x12” bass bin and a cinema grade horn on top. I currently run these 2 way with filters I built myself with Rew and rePhase. I have an extra amp module on the way that will allow me to drive each 12” with it’s own channel, so I’d like to implement an active 2.5 way crossover. I’m intrigued by how easy it looks to really optimize phase response in Audiolense XO, so I’m thinking of making the switch.

Is there a simple way to build 2.5 way crossover filters where the middle band xover also includes bottom band in audiolense?

G29

Audiolense XO allows you to configure overlapping crossovers by selecting checkboxes on the "Edit Speaker Setup/Cross Over Configuration" tab window. When you enable the options you get a warning that no sanity checks will be done.

The options also allow you to use different XO widths.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
You can pretty much do whatever you want with those three drivers in Audiolense. Perfect synchronisation in the midrange can be a bit challenging when you blend in one of the drivers in the middle, but if it has the potential to be goo, Audiolense can do it.

menlobob

You can pretty much do whatever you want with those three drivers in Audiolense. Perfect synchronisation in the midrange can be a bit challenging when you blend in one of the drivers in the middle, but if it has the potential to be goo, Audiolense can do it.

Thanks. The top horn crosses at 850hz and I'll experiment with low passing the bottom 12" between 200 and 100 to see where it sounds best with my room modes. Reading the help file now. So much I had to do manually with Rew and rePhase looks like it just works in Audiolense.

I have Moto Ultralite AVB 8 channel interface. I'm assuming pretty much any audio interface with ASIO will work for the multi driver measurement process.

Now to find a working windows laptop, there's one here somewhere... ;)

menlobob

One more quick question: how many taps should I use for 96khz down to say 25?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
65 k is generally plenty below 100 kHz, and sometimes sufficient higher up. You can examine the simulated result. If the filters are getting too short, the frequency correction will lose precision.

And yes, pretty much everything with an asio driver should work without problems.

Top Bottom