Subwoofer Array correction

Omid

Bernt,

Is there a way to prevent AL from correcting subwoofers above a set frequency? I'm also getting weird results I can't explain.
For example, I set my sub in the measurement window to sweep from 10 Hz to 100 Hz (2 subs in parallel: Drive 0 and 1). AL measures a response all the way to 150 Hz for some reason (harmonics?). In any case, my subs' measured response drops off around 150 Hz. When I compute a filter AL tries to correct the signal all the way up to 300Hz. See below:

I know I can set partial correction on the sub to 100Hz to correct this, but there still seems to be some correction beyond 100Hz, and the 2 drives are treated very differently for some reason:

When I add "use target as EQ in non correction zone", I get the same result:

So in short is there a better way to set a frequency range for the sub to be corrected? And secondly, is there bug somewhere, why are my subs being treated so differently? Happy to send you any of the files you need.

Thanks,

hulkss

If you are not planning to send any frequencies above a set limit to the sub. Use the setting at the top of this window and turn off the partial correction. Here it is set to 120.

You can also set a target just for the sub instead of this cutoff filter.

Omid

Thank you !! That did address my first issue: I can now limit the upper correction frequency of the subs.

I don't understand why the 2 subs are treated so differently with partial correction engaged. The correction is about the same without partial correction (maybe it's a phase difference that bugs AL?). This is without partial correction:
:

I guess it doesn't matter. I don't need to use partial correction If I can limit the upper limit.

Hulkss how do you assign a target curve for the sub exclusively?

hulkss

In the target designer window. Switch between active targets (the one you are working on) with the tab key.

Read about the target alignment frequency.

specht007

If you are not planning to send any frequencies above a set limit to the sub. Use the setting at the top of this window and turn off the partial correction. Here it is set to 120.

You can also set a target just for the sub instead of this cutoff filter.

View attachment 39461
Great, thanks. I had the same problem in an active 2-way 3 driver sub setup. Thought that the LFE frequency was only relevant for 5.1, but obviously not. Solved!

Last edited:
Top Bottom