Roon
DAC
Schiit Bifrost 2
Front Speakers
Philharmonic Audio BMR Towers
Subwoofers
Arendal 1723 2S
Hello,

I downloaded AL today and am trying to get my first measurement in. It is in 2.0 configuration. However; every time I run a measurement I experience clipping. Both the sine sweep itself and the Check Connections clip. I ran the .wav sine sweep files in the measurement directory where Audiolense is installed and they do not clip. Running measurments in REW also does not clip. Thank you for reading.

My system is
  • Windows PC (Ryzen 3700X with Windows 10) to
  • Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC to
  • Schiit Freya S Preamp to
  • Hypex NC500 monoblocks to
  • Philharmonic BMR Towers

TheFrator

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Schiit Freya S
Main Amp
Hypex NC500 Monoblocks
Computer Audio
Roon
DAC
Schiit Bifrost 2
Front Speakers
Philharmonic Audio BMR Towers
Subwoofers
Arendal 1723 2S
Yes I was able to solve this issue but I don't know how I solved it (which is kind of infuriating). I uninstalled and reinstalled AL 6.20 - issue persisted. I installed ASIO4All and had my output device be using that- issue persisted. Examined the sweepmeasurementfile.wav file (which Bernt told me sits in the measurement folder and holds the last recorded sweep) in Audacity. This file was silent and empty. But once I opened this file in Audacity, closed it, and restarted AL, the clipping stopped while running a measurement. Idk how opening and closing that sweepmeasurementfile.wav file resolved the issue.

Interestingly enough, clicking the Check Speaker Connections button produces a signal that clips. But the measurement sine sweep is fine.

Top Bottom