- Apr 3, 2017
Thanks for the report. Bit of a puzzle how that can happen, but I've put some checks in to try and prevent it.Hi John, I love this software and thank you for it. There seems to be a bit of a bug in the last 2 releases, for me at least. After using it a bit, taking a measurement or more, using all the main graphs etc, then when I click on the EQ button it just, not sure the right terms, it shows the wait i'm doing it icon but nothing happens, and it stays like that until I do something about it. I'll try to attach the log file for the last time it did it.
There is an item on the todo list to allow multiple sets of room setting for the room sim, if that's what you meant.I think it would be swell if one could save different rooms/ settings for...
Read the rest of this update entry...Small changes in 5.19 beta 12, all being well the last before the 5.19 release.
- Improved rendering of text on spectrogram graph images when spectrogram floor is filled
- Small refinement to the IR start detection code
- Changed delay figure with acoustic timing reference back to using IR start time for limited bandwidth measurements (e.g. subwoofers), retained use of the Estimate IR Delay process otherwise
- Bug fix: Added checks to try and prevent occasional exception when...
Read the rest of this update entry...First beta of V5.20
- Increased audio data timeouts for macOS to accommodate 10.14 Mojave delays in granting audio access
- Changed text for checkbox to lock sine gen frequency to RTA FFT length and included the FFT length in the text
- Added Preferences menu entries to set the REW main window to a selection of predefined sizes
- Bug fix: If not setting t=0 at IR peak the win ref time was not being reset after estimate IR delay, causing incorrect phase for FDW
- Bug fix: SPL...
Read the rest of this update entry...V5.20 beta 2 changes:
- Gave the signal generator a revamp and added a signal waveform preview
- Added fade in and fade out controls to the linear and log sweep signals
- Added AES17-2015 MD and DFD presets to the dual tone signals
- Changed sig gen level control behaviour for dual tone signals, the level setting now reflects the rms level of the combined signal rather than the rms level of f1
- Added a selection of multitone test signals
- Allow RTA lengths up to 1M
- If the...
Read the rest of this update entry...V5.20 beta 3
- Restored 16k and 32k sample rate options for sig gen WAV files and filter impulse response exports
- Update the sample rate selector when reloading the ASIO driver
- Added an option to plot distortion harmonics at the harmonic frequency rather than the fundamental frequency
- Update dBFS scaling for signal generator and RTA when focus leaves the dBFS scale field
- Restart any ASIO audio I/O after changing input or output channels
- If a graph capture includes the...
Yes, reported a couple of days ago. It affects all signals that use the Duration option. Fixed for the next beta.1. File is not saved when I try to download Wav file from Pink Noise - all options
I have fixed that for the next beta, but note that 999 repeats of Pink PN is typically a few hundred MByte file.2. File is not saved when I try to download Wav file from Period Pink Noise - 999 repeats. Sometime less repeats work.
You mean target response shapes? No plans for that, but you can import a response shape from a text file as a measurement and it will appear on the RTA if that measurement is selected in the main REW window.Do you plan add goals to RTA, like filters example, Linkwitz-Riley 2 and 4? This will be usefulness for car audio?
I'm experiencing similar bugs and more, so I tried to roll back..However, rolling back to beta 2 will not allow me to open the measurement files taken with Beta 3.Hi John,
I think I found a bug: I'm creating several measurements and create the average. I can then open the EQ settings, create some filters and save the project. But when I load the project I cannot access the EQ settings for the average curve, I only get a spinning circle, the EQ page is not loading.
That would be this, from 5.20 beta 2:The level check pink noise sounded corrupted, like it was not true random pink noise but rather digital distortion. I then played pink noise via the generator and it sounded normal.
I think that is the same issue as Bernd saw. An exception could occur if the measurement being EQ'd did not have an impulse response, after that behaviour would be unpredictable. Fix implemented for the next beta.I went ahead and took measurements of 8 speakers at 3 positions, saved the file, then averaged the positions and saved the averaged positions in a new file.
Read the rest of this update entry...Changes in V5.20 beta 4:
- When measurements with distortion data are averaged using (A+B)/2 or Vector average their distortion data is also averaged, providing the measurements were made at the same sample rate and with the same sweep or stepped sine settings
- Added a Window function setting for the tone burst generator with a range of window types
- Reduced memory use and file size for sweep measurements
- Added Float as a format for exported WAV files
- Additional text for...
-------------------------------------------Yes, reported a couple of days ago. It affects all signals that use the Duration option. Fixed for the next beta.
I have fixed that for the next beta, but note that 999 repeats of Pink PN is typically a few hundred MByte file.
You mean target response shapes? No plans for that, but you can import a response shape from a text file as a measurement and it will appear on the RTA if that measurement is selected in the main REW window.
Hi John,Good description Bernd, thanks. Think I've fixed that for the next beta but to make sure could you attach an mdat file that shows the problem?
The corrected trace is shown on the EQ window as "Predicted" and as a predicted waterfall. It can also be seen in the Overlays window on the Predicted SPL and Predicted Phase graphs. Is that what you meant? Besides that the filter settings can be exported as a text file (which can be used by EqualizerAPO, for example), as biquad coefficients which can be used by miniDSP products or entered manually in an equaliser. In the latter case the equaliser should be selected from the options offered in the EQ window to ensure the settings are compatible as equalisers vary in the way they treat Q or bandwidth parameters.One question: is there already a way to use a filter set for the measurement ? So that I can see the result of my correction ?
Read the rest of this update entry...V5.20 beta 5 changes:
- Revised the EQ target setting panel to better explain the target types and separate the room curve controls, which can be separately enabled/disabled
- Expanded EQ target selections, added a Driver target with LP and HP crossover filter selections, added a check box to enable/disable room curve settings
- Added a "Speaker driver" target type with configurable low and high pass crossover filter responses
- Added LP1 and HP1 filter types to the Generic...