REW Beta Release REW Windows installer with JRE [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy submitted a new resource:

V5.19 beta 5 Windows installer with JRE - Recommended for most Windows users unless running Windows XP

V5.19 beta 5 21st May 2017

• Added Outlaw Audio Model 976 equaliser setting
  • Added a stepped sine distortion measurement capability to the RTA
  • Added configurable distortion high pass and low pass filters to the RTA controls to exclude content outside the chosen frequency span
  • Highest distortion harmonic for sweep measurements changed to 9th, same as RTA
  • Added a control for the highest harmonic that will be used when calculating THD
  • Added buttons in the All SPL controls...

Read more about this resource...

Geoffrey

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Trinnov
Main Amp
Pascal
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo
Front Speakers
Ascendo CCRM12
Center Channel Speaker
Ascendo CCRM12
Surround Speakers
Ascendo CCRM6
Surround Back Speakers
Ascendo CCRM6
Front Height Speakers
Ascendo CCRM6
Rear Height Speakers
Ascendo CCRM6
Subwoofers
Ascendo SMSG 24
Video Display Device
Sony
Screen
Screen Research
Hello, I am new here,
Thanks for this great piece of Software! It is awesome.
Where do I post questions about feature requests for Room Sim, or in general?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated V5.19 beta 5 Windows installer with JRE with a new update entry:

V5.19 beta 6 Windows installer with JRE

Changes in beta 6:
  • Play a minimum level sine wave before the sweep starts to help with signal lock for digital connections e.g. HDMI
  • Capture the noise floor before sweep and stepped sine measurements
  • Added option to mask distortion harmonics that are below the noise floor (on by default)
  • Show harmonics used in THD calculation in trace name
  • When saving filter coefficients to file for Generic equaliser only include enabled filters
  • Faster operation of the right click...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fredrik

Registered
Unfortunately this release does not work for me. Adjustments in microphone settings as levels does not work and does not relate to measured RTA levels. This means no controll of recording levels.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Can you explain further, Fredrik? What equipment are you using, how is it connected, where are you making the level adjustments?

Fredrik

Registered
Can you explain further, Fredrik? What equipment are you using, how is it connected, where are you making the level adjustments?
I am using a USB mic on a Windows 7 computer. I have now uninstalled REW and Java, restarted the computer and installed the latest release and now in works again:-). Adjustements in preferences/soundcard/input volume now makes difference during measurements.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Glad to hear it :)

Note that for supported USB mics (UMIK-1, UMM-6, Omnimic) that have sensitivity info in their cal files REW takes the input volume setting into account to show the correct SPL, so changing input volume should alter the input level (in dBFS as shown on the Levels meters) but not the SPL reading for a given audio level in the room.

Fredrik

Registered
Glad to hear it :)

Note that for supported USB mics (UMIK-1, UMM-6, Omnimic) that have sensitivity info in their cal files REW takes the input volume setting into account to show the correct SPL, so changing input volume should alter the input level (in dBFS as shown on the Levels meters) but not the SPL reading for a given audio level in the room.

I have an XTZ Pro USB Mic and I have manually calibrated this against a reference. I am now trying to input the sensitivity into the calibration file as:

"Sens Factor =-16.273dB, SERNO: 7000343"
20.396 -0.376769317
22.242 0.434645133

but it doesn't seem to work. Is this the correct way of doing it?

I need to use the calibrate button in the SPL measurement to get it to work, but I prefere to store this value in the microphones calibration file instead. The information under "Measurement Info/Data offset:, is this the SPL level at dBFS? And is this value related to the sensitivity value in the microphons calibration file?

Regards Fredrik

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That only works for mics for which REW knows how the input volume setting relates to mic gain. I don't have that data for the XTZ mic, so can't make use of the sensitivity data.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows installer with JRE with a new update entry:

V5.19 beta 7 Windows Installer with JRE

Quite a few changes in this beta version, I'll list them here and make further posts to explain the changes.
  • Added ability to import sweep recordings and generate measurements from them
  • Added sweep level, timing ref level and sample rate selection when saving measurement sweep to WAV file
  • Added sweep settings information into measurement sweep files saved as WAV
  • Added option to capture spectrum data when making stepped sine measurements, the data can be viewed on...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

V5.19 beta 8 REW Windows installer with JRE

Changes in beta 8:
  • Reduced waterfall controls width to help formatting on low resolution screens
  • Added a View preference to show or hide the toolbar, hiding it makes more space on low resolution screens
  • Added a welcome message on startup with pointers to initial steps
  • RTA graph images captured with distortion panel showing also include the RMS level panel
  • Added 50 Hz as a 1/3 octave step for RT60 and Filtered IR
  • Added new controls for the filter frequency on the...

BobBrines

Registered
I Haven't used REW for a while. Loaded the latest beta and started the program. REW will not load/recognize my UMM-6 mic. I get this error:

Capture.PNG

What next?

Bob

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Likely to be a Win 10 build 1803 Privacy settings issue, in which case go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone, and try flipping the toggle under "Allow apps to access your microphone" to On.

BobBrines

Registered
Yep, that's it! Thanks.

Now you wouldn't know why some (only some) computers don't recognize SD drives in Windows Explorer? The drive IS recognized by device manager and "eject SD card! W10 1803

Bob

Alobar

Registered
I am a first time REW user with a windows 10 machine and can't get REW to start up after installing. It starts to initialize and then disappears. I have uninstalled it, and reinstalled with the same result. I have also uninstalled that version and tried the one for machines with Java 7 already installed as mine has but no progress in getting it to initialize. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Which REW version are you trying to install? After the Windows 10 Creators update a bug in the Java Virtual Machine means it will crash if trying to run REW versions before V5.19 beta 5.

Alobar

Registered
Which REW version are you trying to install? After the Windows 10 Creators update a bug in the Java Virtual Machine means it will crash if trying to run REW versions before V5.19 beta 5.
I installed 5.18.. Just installed 5.19 beta and it did just fine! Thanks John.. Now the real adventure begins!

John Mulcahy

REW Author

V5.19 beta 10 Windows installer with JRE

Changes in V5.19 beta 10:

• 24-bit data is now supported where the JVM makes it available (currently macOS and probably Linux)
  • Added 176.4, 352.8 and 384 kHz to the sample rates allowed for ASIO
  • Allow generator to continue running if ASIO output selection is changed - audio will be interrupted briefly, however
  • Added a dBc axis option for the RTA (dB relative to carrier, mainly used to present data relative to the level of the fundamental tone in the signal)
  • Only stop the...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

V5.19 beta 11 Windows installer with JRE

V5.19 beta 11 changes:
  • Added Leq traces for the last minute and the last 10 minutes to the SPL logger
  • Added * in front of comment lines in the impulse response text export file and a * Data start comment immediately before the data
  • Trim trailing zeroes when exporting impulse response as text with window applied, but note that the data will be padded with zeroes so the length is a binary power if required
  • Show an error message if the file selected for data import does not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom