REW error after wake up the computer

oliver

Hi John,
I am on High Sierra 10.13.6 with latest REW build.
I do have two RME audio interfaces coonected to my Macbook pro, when I put the computer to sleep and wake it up again sometimes I get an error ( log attached):

Input and output panel stay greyed out and nothing can be selected.
I have to restart REW in order to be able to select again.
I do not know if is something related to my OS, but I recall that in the past REW was very fast in reconize hot-plugging usb cards, and didn't have any wake up issues.

Is there a way to let REW to remember the output channel mapping?Every time I select the RME I have to mapping the channels again:

Do you think would be possible to add a feature to resize the All SPL and Impedance main window, and also make the Legend wide as the main window? I do often have several different measurements for comparison, and it is very hard to read the labels for the mmeasurements, especially in the Overlay THD panel.
Would also be possible to enter more characters in the description?

Thank you very much,
Best Regards.
Oliver.

Attachments

• REW log.rtf.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 7

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Hi Oliver,

The "mixer not supported" error happens if JavaSound has changed its list of the audio devices that are available, so the list it previously provided is no longer valid. The early access build should deal with that.

Channel mappings are remembered, but they get reset if a device is selected with fewer channels. I can remove that reset for the next build.

I don't understand your comment about resizing the window, perhaps some screenshots would help explain what you mean. You can make more width available for the graph in the main window by using the "Collapse" button above the list of measurements to reduce the width that uses. The legend is made as wide as it can be while still fitting in the title of each trace, if another trace name will fit in the graph width the legend automatically increases its width to allow that, see example below. If the trace names were made longer fewer traces would fit on each line, the current limit is around 25 characters.

oliver

Hi John,
thanks for answering and sorry for not been clear.

on Mac, even with the option "Collapse" active the legend doesn't take all the space:

and when not collapsed, the legend is even more small:

So I was thinking of an option to resize the size of the legend by "borrowing" the size of the graph window, perhaps by dragging a corner, in order to be able to read more easily what is in the legend:

When select the "Distrortion" panel in the "Overlays" window the descriptions for the measurements are not shown entirely (there are three dots) and it becomes difficult to understand what they refer to if the names are very similar:

Thank you,
Regards.
Oliver

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 3

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The width of the legend is determined by the width of the graph and the length of each trace entry. In your first example there isn't enough width to put 4 traces on a line, so there are 3 traces per line. In the second example there isn't enough width for 3 traces per line so there are 2. The early access build allows the legend to use a bigger proportion of the height, to reduce scrolling, but that won't have any effect on the width.

On the distortion overlay some of each trace name is used to show the chosen distortion parameter. I'll look at whether that could be displayed elsewhere on the graph.

oliver

Hi Sam,
thanks but even doing that the legend doesn't change much in size.

oliver

Hi John,
I can see that the early access build have the legend panel bigger, and that is much better, do you think that a resizable legend pane could be possible? So one can resize it and choose how many trace names to display.

Top Bottom