More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Sr7011
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Ub700
Front Speakers
D500 jamo
Hello everyone

bit of a probably silly question as i am learning still. I have a marantz av 8805 which i have ran audyssey on. When comparingwith rew i found less than brilliant results from what the app said.
So i played around with the eq feature and got a really nice result with lots of biquad information. Question is if i was to take that information could i use ratbuddysey to input the freq etc? Or would i need a 10x10hd to do this on my speakers?

thank you apologies if its a silly question

Topmetom

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Sr7011
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Ub700
Front Speakers
D500 jamo
Thank you so a 10x10 minidsp?

Sixto

Supporter
I got it to work yesterday on the same laptop where REW is loaded, using generic filters exported as a txt file, then referenced into the Equalizer APO program. Then I fired REW again and did a new sweep using JAVA drivers instead of ASIÓ. The resulting FR plot was flat to within one Db, and distortion was very similar to the original sweep. SPL and measuring distance were unchanged between original sweep and post EQ sweep. My only remaining issue is that I can't seem to get the same 5 simple filters when I try to run EQ again, using the origina sweep... (maybe I tweaked the settings, but I don't think so...)
Thanks, and good luck with your setup!
Sixto

Top Bottom