REW causing Bluetooth speaker failure

thothsong

If I have my Windows 10 laptop configured to use external Bluetooth speakers, when I start up REW with ASIO4ALL (2.15 Beta 2) I lose sound output. The only way I've found to get sound back is to turn off Bluetooth and then turn it back on; just disconnecting from and then reconnecting to the speakers isn't sufficient. It doesn't happen with the Java driver. Is there some way to avoid this?

rajdude

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Emotiva XMC-1
Main Amp
Bryston PP-120 SST Monoblocks
Front Speakers
Magnepan 3.6R
Center Channel Speaker
Magnepan CC3
Surround Back Speakers
Magnepan MC1
Subwoofers
2 x Rythmik FV15HP
yes this is perfectly normal.

When any application uses ASIO, Windows gives full control to that application.......removing sound card access to that application. The only way to get that application to play music or something else is to exit out that application (although I have seen that simply stopping playback (on that application ) also releases exclusive control)
This is by design.

For example:
When I play music in a software called MusicBee (which is configured to use ASIO), all other applications/software and even Windows itself cannot play anything.....like Windows' ding sounds etc do not come through. This behaviour is normal and is expected and also is mentioned in the ASIO driver's readme file (I am using Cambridge audio ASIO on my workstation)

BTW this has nothing to do with REW

Top Bottom