REW - Can’t save Soundcard Calibration (Directory not found)

alls

Registered
Hi everyone,

I’m new to REW. I’m trying to calibrate my soundcard but I don’t seem to find a way to save the Cal File.
Every time I try to save the Cal File I get the same message: “Directory not found”, even though the pathway seems to be correct. In fact, no pathway seems to work.

I know that calibrating my soundcard is probably not necessary, but could you help me out?
Just for the record, I am running an XLR to Jack cable cable from the input 1 of my Fireface UC to the output 1 in order to create the loop and I am running REW (V5.20.13) on a 2023 Macbook Pro (OS Ventura 13.5.1).

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-03 alle 18.35.24.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-03 alle 18.35.24.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 11

sam_adams

You are trying to save a file that has a directory delimiter—the '/' known as the 'slash' or 'forward slash'—in the file name and REW is interpreting it as a folder name:

illpath.png

Common sense would indicate the files with the forward slash in the name would be illegal in the file system but Mac HFS-based file systems allow it while POSIX paths—Terminal.app—represent the forward slash as a colon, ':', in the filename.

Simply change the naming convention that you use for dates to use a 'dash' as the separator, i.e; 03-10-23, and you should be okay.

alls

Registered
It worked, thank you for your help sam_adams!

Top Bottom