REW Beta Release REW API beta releases

Breeman

Was trying to open an .mdat file with multiple measurements that was created with version 5.31.1. I get the error below when opening the file with the latest beta of version 5.40;
Code:
REW V5.40 Beta 27 running Azul Systems, Inc. JRE 1.8.0_412 64-bit on Windows 10 Locale: language en, keyboard ZA, windows-1252 at 96 DPI Running in C:\Program Files\REW

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
Stack Trace:
    java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(ArrayList.java:911)
    java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(ArrayList.java:861)
    roomeqwizard.uE$_B.A(y:8145)
    roomeqwizard.uE$_B.done(y:7413)
    javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(SwingWorker.java:737)
    javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(SwingWorker.java:832)
    sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(AccumulativeRunnable.java:112)
    javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(SwingWorker.java:842)
    javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:313)
    javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:245)
    java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
    java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
    java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Builds updated today (beta 28) with these changes:
  • Changed: Deselecting a trace on an overlay graph does not remove it from the available traces
  • Changed: Show a tooltip when over a measurement panel even if it has no notes
  • Fixed: Some WAV files could not be read
  • Fixed: Possible concurrent modification exception when loading mdat files
  • Fixed: Disabled filters were included in Kali Santa Monica exported files

sm52

Changed: Deselecting a trace on an overlay graph does not remove it from the available traces
Now the names do not disappear. And not only in the overlay graphs, also in the ALL SPL legend. So convenient. Thank you.

Changed: Show a tooltip when over a measurement panel even if it has no notes
If the file name is short, it is already visible. If the name of the measurement inside the file is short, it is already visible. And if one of these two is long and not immediately visible, then I would like the full name of the file to be shown in the tooltip when hovering over the file name. The same thing happens when you hover over the name of a measurement inside a file. Is this possible?
Another question. As I understand it, now the note is filled in automatically, but whether it is shown in the tooltip or not depends on the checkbox in the settings. Right?

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon x6500h
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000
Is there any way to stop it auto selecting every measurement again after you've taken a measurement? This happens in all SPL. If I only have two measurements selected, and then I take a measurement, every measurement gets selected after the measurement has finished.

BassThatHz

Registered
Builds updated today (beta 28) with these changes:
  • Changed: Deselecting a trace on an overlay graph does not remove it from the available traces
  • Changed: Show a tooltip when over a measurement panel even if it has no notes
  • Fixed: Some WAV files could not be read
  • Fixed: Possible concurrent modification exception when loading mdat files
  • Fixed: Disabled filters were included in Kali Santa Monica exported files

I'm having a few issues with beta 27 for the measurement filters api

JSON:
http://localhost:4735/measurements/1/filters
{"filters":
[
{"index":1,"type":"PK","enabled":true,"isAuto":false,"frequency":2990,"gaindB":-3.7,"q":3.282},{"index":2,"type":"PK","enabled":true,"isAuto":false,"frequency":5689,"gaindB":-1.2,"q":1.97},{"index":3,"type":"PK","enabled":true,"isAuto":false,"frequency":7870,"gaindB":-1.7,"q":2.778}
]}

It applies it, but the filters don't chart until I hover over the filter checkbox or click it. It doesn't refresh directly after the post.

Also, it doesn't set the EQ drop down types and q/gain textbox values, doesn't matter if I set auto to true or false.
It always shows as none auto.
1714107980904.png

bmsorin

Registered
Hello,
I use beta 28 an try to set the RTA FS sine Vrms and i get "500 Internal Server Error".
This is the payload:
curl -X PUT "localhost:4735/audio/input-cal" -H "accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "{ \"currentInputSelection\": \"sofhdadsp [plughw:0,0] Mic Boost (Mic Boost)\", \"separateCalFileForEachInput\": true, \"inputDeviceIsCWeighted\": true, \"perInputCalData\": { \"L\": { \"calFilePath\": \"\", \"dBFSAt94dBSPL\": -22.9897, \"fullScalSineVrms\": 2 }, \"R\": { \"calFilePath\": \"\", \"dBFSAt94dBSPL\": -22.9897, \"fullScalSineVrms\": 22.302275497784194 } }}"

1714116697227.png

ManCaveAudio

Staff member
@John Mulcahy

I need your help to understand the phase difference calculation.

In the overlay, Phase Tab, my mains at the cross-over point show +60 degree and my subwoofer shows -135 degree and sometimes vice versa. Sometimes both are positive or both are negative degree.

I am confused about how to calculate phase offset to match my subwoofer with my mains at the crossover point.

Can you share a small formula to calculate?

It would be great if you could add any tool/ option in REW to give us the phase difference between the two measurements at the selected frequency point by itself.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
As I understand it, now the note is filled in automatically, but whether it is shown in the tooltip or not depends on the checkbox in the settings. Right?
Nothing has changed about notes from earlier versions. Whether a measurement has notes inserted depends on what it is and how it was made, measurements made with a timing reference include delay information in notes, measurements saved from the RTA have notes about levels etc. The View preferences options control whether tooltips are displayed.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
In the overlay, Phase Tab, my mains at the cross-over point show +60 degree and my subwoofer shows -135 degree and sometimes vice versa. Sometimes both are positive or both are negative degree.
If you do not have consistent phase results perhaps you are not measuring with a timing reference? The alignment tool is the best way to align, assuming you have control over sub delay, but again measurements must be made with a timing reference.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I'm having a few issues with beta 27 for the measurement filters api
I have found the problem now and fixed it for the next build. As a workaround in the meantime you can send the filters individually using a PUT to the same endpoint.

ManCaveAudio

Staff member
If you do not have consistent phase results perhaps you are not measuring with a timing reference? The alignment tool is the best way to align, assuming you have control over sub delay, but again measurements must be made with a timing reference.
Thanks for your response.

I am using acoustic time reference. But when I try to align my Sub with mains, it gives me delay more than allowable limit in my Denon X4700h, hence I am trying to match phases at crossover points to get as much as positive sum.

Can you please share the formula how to calculate phase difference between two measurements at any point of frequency?

Any auto feature related to this calculation would be very helpful.

ManCaveAudio

Staff member
Hi John, One suggetion. Can you inbuilt auto PEQ or GEQ for Yamaha, Denon or Marantz AVR like MiniDsp?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Can you please share the formula how to calculate phase difference between two measurements at any point of frequency?
There's little to it, phase difference is phase of A minus phase of B. You'd be best using the alignment tool to manually adjust delay within the range your receiver allows.

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon x6500h
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000
New measurements are automatically selected when they are made. Existing selections are not affected.

This is not true.
Image 1 is before I take the measurement. I only have 2 measurements selected.
Image 2, after the next measurement has been taken, all measurements are now selected and displayed on-screen.

This is on the ALL-SPL screen.

Attachments

• REW BUG 1.png
    REW BUG 1.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 8
  • REW BUG 2.png
    REW BUG 2.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 8

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I was referring to the measurement selections in the column on the left, but I understand what you are referring to now. I'll look at it.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Image 1 is before I take the measurement. I only have 2 measurements selected.
Image 2, after the next measurement has been taken, all measurements are now selected and displayed on-screen.
I have made a change for the next build to address that behaviour, but I don't like the ambiguity of having two places to select what traces appear on overlay graphs (All SPL is an overlay graph). That was why in the previous releases unchecking a trace in the overlay legend removed it, but I had considered removing those checkboxes completely so the list on the left is the only means of selecting overlay traces. That's much cleaner and removes any ambiguity, I may yet do that.

sm52

When there are 20 closely spaced graphs on the ALL SPL tab, the only way to see the graph I'm interested in is to uncheck it and turn it on. The list below is also convenient because there may be groups of charts that interest me at the moment. It's easy to see them there. It is very difficult to find a group on the left, and then enable or disable the desired graph, especially when the names are long.

Dr.OP

Staff member
Can a USB-connected oscilloscope, like a PicoScope that offers an API for data streaming, be used in a feedback loop configuration? Specifically, the concept involves tapping into the output of a speaker and employing this setup for loopback. Is there a way to integrate REW with a PicoScope or another USB oscilloscope for this purpose?

Top Bottom