Motu Ultralite Mk5
Front Speakers
NHT C3
Subwoofers
2x 12" DIY Scan Speak acoustic suspension
Streaming Subscriptions
Amazon Music Unlimited
Hi everyone,
I would like to experiment a bit with Audiolense filters to better understand the subjective effects of time corrections.
In this sense I would like to create a correction for my 2.2 system that linearises frequency, phase and aligns the speakers, but which does not intervene on the reflections that follow the fundamental impulse.

Is there any way to adjust the window to do this?
Is it correct to set it to 0 cycles?

In addition, is it possible to correct only the late reflections, i.e. start this window only after some ms?

Thanks in advance

Omid

When you start Audiolense, if you choose Audiolense surround instead of XO, it might achieve what you’re looking for. Let us know the result of your experiments.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Hi everyone,
I would like to experiment a bit with Audiolense filters to better understand the subjective effects of time corrections.
In this sense I would like to create a correction for my 2.2 system that linearises frequency, phase and aligns the speakers, but which does not intervene on the reflections that follow the fundamental impulse.

1 Is there any way to adjust the window to do this?
2 Is it correct to set it to 0 cycles?

3 In addition, is it possible to correct only the late reflections, i.e. start this window only after some ms?

Thanks in advance
1 Not really, impossible through the Schroeder region, but you will get very close above.
2 No.
3 No. And I don't see how that can be done at all.

I recommend that you put your assumptions on hold and just try Audiolense the way it is designed to work. The design choices are what they are for many good reasons.

Leo11

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Hypex NC252MP
Additional Amp
Hypex NC502MP
Computer Audio
Dell notebook
DAC
Motu Ultralite Mk5
Front Speakers
NHT C3
Subwoofers
2x 12" DIY Scan Speak acoustic suspension
Streaming Subscriptions
Amazon Music Unlimited
Thanks for your reply.
I am reading a bit of information material, and often the early reflections, especially horizontal, are considered benign as they help to broaden the sound stage. At least in the mid and high range.
That's why I wanted to experiment.

But at this point I have to ask, what does the surround version not do compared to XO?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
The surround version has frequency correction, bass management and speaker alignment. Xo has all of that plus time domain correction, driver crossovers (for going fully digital), partial correction and overall a lot more tweakable features that are “hardwired” in the surround version.

The surround version sounds really good, but xo tends to give 10-20% better sound. Most people who go down this alley end up with xo.

You can start with either, and you can upgrade/downgrade as you prefer within three months without any extra fee involved. You can also get a full refund within 3 months if you conclude that Audiolense does not satisfy your needs or whatever.

Top Bottom