Problems with AL Convolver

aps

I've been using Roon to output to Audiolense Convolver (V1.6)then onto a RME Fireface for quite some time but the upgrade to Roon 2.0 Build 1272 broke the chain with it no longer being possible to initialize Audiolense ASIO within Roon. This issue has been raised with Roon and I've done numerous installs / uninstalls of thew various components with no solution. Today, though, I noticed that the RME Fireface Soundcard is no longer available as a soundcard within Audiolense Convolver despite the fact that the RME Fireface is connected and available within the Windows. I've rebooted the computer, disconnected / reconnected the RME Fireface and uninstalled / reinstalled AL Convolver to no available. Any suggestions on how to diagnose the issue would be much appreciated.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I have been trying to wrap my head around Roon 2.0 today. I haven't found a consistent way to make Roon see the local audio devices yet, so I am fra from being able to debug this at the moment. WIll keep looking, though.

In the meantime ... does anyone here have success with Roon plus al convolver?

aps

Anyone? Is it the case that I'm the only one using Roon and Audiolense Convolver?

realmonkey

Aps!

I have the same issue, and haven't had the time to do much troubleshooting. However, it seems the chain breaks as soon as i install the convolver. Also, it doesn' t seem to matter whether i have the licence file in roons program folder or not. Downgrading isn't possible either, because of the library update "ting". But i know Bernt is aware of this, and a second person on the RME forum had the same issue. Donta knowattodo. Good luck!

Eyvind.

Omid

Aps!

I have the same issue, and haven't had the time to do much troubleshooting. However, it seems the chain breaks as soon as i install the convolver. Also, it doesn' t seem to matter whether i have the licence file in roons program folder or not. Downgrading isn't possible either, because of the library update "ting". But i know Bernt is aware of this, and a second person on the RME forum had the same issue. Donta knowattodo. Good luck!

Eyvind.
I also continue to have the same problem. I cannot run Audiolense convolver 1.7. It makes Roon 2.0 crash. If I uninstall the convolver, Roon works again. I have waited several months to see if a new Roon upgrade might fix the problem. There have been a few updates, but It has not Fixed the issue.

Bernt my question is: is there a way of preventing Audiolense convolver from running as a service/device driver available for Roon. I wish to use the convolver only as a standalone for my turntable.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I believe you can turn it off in Roon, but this is foremos at Roon issue.

realmonkey

Omid: one "half " solution for me was to downgrade to convolver v 1.6. Then my fireface is seen by Roon, and I can use it as standalone for vinyl playing. Dont know if this will work for you, or meets your demands.

Eyvind

Omid

Unfortunately, not. Roon tries to identify all devices that can potentially be used. If finds, audiolense convolver for a few seconds, then it disappears, and then it comes back, etc. You can’t even press to disable it. I looked in task manager to see if I could turn off the convolver, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Roon just refuses to play on any device because it’s incessantly trying to resolve this issue. The only way to stop it is to uninstall the convolver.

Omid

Omid: one "half " solution for me was to downgrade to convolver v 1.6. Then my fireface is seen by Roon, and I can use it as standalone for vinyl playing. Dont know if this will work for you, or meets your demands.

Eyvind
Thank you so much. That worked: 1.6 can be used as stand alone, and does not make Roon freeze.

Interestingly, Roon now shows Audiolense ASIO as an option, but shows an error: 'Device initialization failed'. So I'm guessing that audiolense convolver 1.7 suffers with the same error, and then the 'local restart' implemented in 1.7 kicks in, throwing Roon and Audiolense into an endless loop: Roon finds Audiolense, generates an error, the convolver restarts, the cycle restarts.

Not sure what the initialization issue is all about, but I noticed the Roon version of the ALC license was no longer in the Roon folder (maybe the 2.0 update erased it?). I placed a copy in the same folder as Roon.exe, and another in the RAATServer.exe folder: it didn't work...

Anyway I'm happy I have a stand alone convolver that works. I don't have to use ALC when using roon (Roon can do the convolution).

Top Bottom