Problem to export and save measurements

Emile Blanc

Registered
Dear John,

I have been having troubles exporting measurement as texts. Often when I click export measurement as text (all or one), the dialog box shows up to set the export settings but when I click "OK" nothing happens. I have to restart REW sometimes several times to finally export.
I am using Mac Os 10.14.6 and this has been happening since several versions of REW.
Do you know how this can be solved?

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you encounter a problem like that please check the REW log files to see if any errors have been captured, their location is shown in the About REW dialog. Information from the last 10 startups is captured, can zip the whole log file directory and attach it. It may also be helpful to attach an example of a measurement that has shown the problem.

Emile Blanc

Registered
Hi,
I checked the log files and there is no error captured. It doesn't seem like it depends on the measurement, it happens to any measurement I have.
And when it happens, I cannot export anything of the export menu except as MLSSA.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
After you have seen this happen could you close REW, zip the log files directory and attach it here?

When you say "nothing happens" do you mean the settings dialog stays visible, or the settings dialog disappears but the file save dialog doesn't appear?

Emile Blanc

Registered
It just happened again. Here are the log files.
When I click "OK", the setting dialog disappears but the file save dialog doesn't appear

Attachments

• REW.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 3

keziacousins

Strange. Nothing in the log files unfortunately, so no clues there.
Also had this issue, and I found that turning off the option to use macOS file dialogues solved it for me. I see there are sporadic reports of issues displaying native file dialogs from Java on some recent versions elsewhere on the net. If any other reports of this behaviour, perhaps suggest this workaround?

(Nothing in my logs either when no dialogue appeared, btw).

Top Bottom